Friday, December 20, 2019

Christmas Card and Gift Bag w/ Newton's Nook Designs!!

Pin It
Hello Crafty Friends!!

 I'm up on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog today with this SWEET and EASY Gift Set 
                    for any of those last minute Cards/Gifts you may need to create!! 
So for my Projects today I've actually used some of the Scraps that I had left over from my Newton's Nook Designs EXCLUSIVE email Project!! If you're not signed up for that email Feature you can sign up HERE so you DON'T MISS OUT on another Feature!! NEW EXCLUSIVE Projects are shared each Tuesday!! 
I Started by Spraying the back side of the NND Ornament Stencil and then adhered it to my Card Panel and used Distress Inks with Ink Daubers!! I used Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint & Peacock Feathers!! Then I splattered it with Water Droplets for some Texture!! Then I used Distress Inks to added some Color around the Ornaments!! 
I repeated that same process on another panel!! Stopping with just the Inking of the Ornaments on the stencil!! Then I Layered a thin coating of Therm O Web Deco Foil Transfer Gel using my Stencil Pal!! Then set it aside to Dry!! 
 Once the Gel is Dry, this is what the Panel will look like!! I LOVE the look on its own too, but I wanted to use the Negative Therm O Web Brutus Monroe Gold Static Foil piece that I had left over from another project I created!! You can find that project HERE!! I ENJOY being able to share ways to MAXIMIZE your products and using those negatives and left over scraps are ALL part of that process!! Meaning from the same core products you can create 3 Cards and a Gift Bag!! 
WHOOP WHOOP!!  
Next I layered the Negative Foil piece over the top of the Stenciled Ornament piece and then ran it through my Laminating Machine!! Its hard to see in the Photo, but the Ornaments like like they are Glass 3D Ornaments and that Gold Static Foil is just STUNNING in real life!! SWOON!! This is one of my FAVORITE Techniques for using those left over Foiled Pieces!! I hope you'll give it a try as I KNOW you'll just LOVE the results too!! 
To create my Card I cut a 1 inch strip off the Side of the Stenciled Ornament Card Panel after adding some Black Soot Distress Paint Splatters!! Before Die Cutting the Panel I made sure to line up the pattern with my left over Negative Foiled Strip so that the Pattern would Line up SEAMLESSLY!! Then I adhered the Negative Foiled Strip to the back side of the Stenciled Card Panel lining up the Stenciled Design!! I then backed the Panel with some TE Oreo Cardstock and then Die Cut a NND Frames & Flags Die Cut Panel from some Lawn Fawn Paper Bag Cardstock!! I inked the edges with some Gathered Twigs Distress Ink!! For the Center of the Card I Die Cut the Frame from the NND Squares Framed Die Set also from some Lawn Fawn Paper Bag Cardstock and then added the layered Circles also from the same Die Set!! I Stamped and Embossed the Sentiment from the NND Holiday Fringe Stamp Set and inked the center with some Wild Honey Distress Ink to help make the Sentiment POP!! I added some of the Pine Leaves Die Cut from some TE Avocado Cardstock using the NND Pines & Holly Die Set!! I inked the edges using a combination of Pine Needles, Peeled Paint and Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide Ink!! Then added a Die Cut Cardinal from the NND Forrest Scene Builder Die Set from some TE Cherry Pop Cardstock!! I LOVE the way this card turned out and hope I've INSPIRED you to give these techniques a Try to use up ALL of those Scraps and leftover pieces!! 
I created a coordinating Gift Bag by using the same Techniques!! I just Die Cut the Tag using the NND Fancy Edges Tag Die and Die Cut the Stitched Circle from the NND Squares Framed Die Set!! I Stamped and Embossed the Sentiment and Inked the center using Wild Honey Distress Ink to help make it POP!! A few Pine Leaves were added and a BIG Red Bow finishes it off!! 

 I hope I've INSPIRED you today to use ALL of those leftovers!! Just look at the BEAUTIFUL Projects that await the SPECIAL recipient!!   
THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by and I hope you have a VERY FABULOUS & BLESSED CHRISTMAS WEEKEND!!

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

2 comments:

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)