Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Peony Blooms Birthday Wishes Card w/ Newton's Nook Designs ~ Featuring Retiring Products!!

Pin It
HELLO CRAFTY FRIENDS!! 

It's time to make room for NEW Products so we are Retiring Select Designs!! 

They can ALL be found HERE!! 

These Designs are discounted up to 40% off while supplies last so hurry to get your favorites before they're gone for good!!
All week the Design Team will be sharing Inspiration using some of their favorite products from our Retiring List and today I'm sharing my Project using some of my FAVORITE Retiring Products and combining them with some of my current FAVORITE Products!! 
Let's get Started!! 
I Started by Dry Embossing my White Cardstock Card Panel using the Retiring Hardwood Stencil!! It's important to remember to lightly spray down your Cardstock with a Misting of Water let it dry just a little then place the Stencil over the top of the Cardstock and placing it on a Rubber Mat then run it through your Die Cutting Machine using the Layering method for your Machine!! SWOON!! I LOVE that you can use your Stencils for Dry Embossing too!! 
Next I Inked over the Dry Embossed Card Panel using Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide Ink!! Then I used Distress Crayons in Crooked Broomstick and Empty Tomb, using a Paper Towel to color on and then Rubbing it over the Dry Embossed Card Panel to add some Color to the Raised Woodgrain Design!! I LOVE the slight Metallic Finish it adds too!! Reminds me of Tarnished Painted Wood!! 
Here's a Close up look at the dimension it adds to the Dry Embossed Woodgrain Design!!
Really makes it POP!!
 
SWOON!! I LOVE to create Shaker Cards!! There are SO MANY ways to create them too!! Here I've Die Cut the Frames & Flags Scalloped Rectangle and Die Cut the Center out to create a thin Frame in order to create our Shaker Frame, Die Cut from some White Cardstock!! 

I Started by Stamping the Images from the Peony Blooms Stamp Set with Versa Fine Black Onyx Ink and then I Embossed them used WoW Clear Embossing Powder!! I used Copic Markers to Color the Images!! 
Peonies: Y000, Y11, Y15 & YR23   
Greenery: YG03 & YG17
YG61, YG63 & BG75
 
  
Then I used the coordinating Peony Blooms Die Set to Die Cut the Images out!! 
I Adhered an Acetate Sheet to the backside of the Scalloped Frame and then added some TE Foam Strips to create my Shaker Wall!! I added some Sparkling Clear Sequins in 3mm, 4mm, 6mm, 8mm and 10mm sizes and some Mini Gold Heart Confetti along with some Iridescent Shivers!! SWOON!! I just LOVE the way they sound when the shake and the SPARKLE that they add to background of the Peonies!! Then I adhered the Peony Images to create my Floral Arrangement using Foam Tape in different areas to make them POP a little more!! I also Stamped and Embossed the "Birthday Wishes" Sentiment from the Monarchs Stamp Set and adhered it to the center of the Cluster using Foam Tape!! I finished off the Peonies by adding some Glitter Nuvo Drops to the centers for some Dimension and Sparkle!!  
I wanted to create a coordinating Envelope, so I used the 
Retiring Hardwood Stencil and Inked with Salvaged Distress Oxide Ink!! Then I applied the same Distress Crayons in Crooked Broomstick and Empty Tomb, using a Paper Towel to color on and then Rubbing it over the Edged of the Envelope so that it would match the Card Panel!! Then I added some Brass Distress Paint Splatters to finish off the Design!!

So there you have it, I hope I've INSPIRED you on some NEW Ways to use some of my FAVORITE Retiring Products and if you want to check them ALL out please just click 
HERE!! Make sure to visit the Newton's Nook Designs Blog ALL Week as the rest of the Talented Design Team shares even more Inspiration using their FAVORITE Retiring Products!! 


THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by today and I hope you have a FABULOUS WEEK!! 


COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES 
LARISSA 🌻

2 comments:

  1. This is a new favorite, Larissa! Love the colors and those pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shaker card Larissa and so colorful and beautifully designed!!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)