Friday, July 3, 2020

If Friends were Flowers with Newton's Nook Designs!!

Pin It
Newton

Hello Crafty Friends!!


HAPPY FRIDAY!! I'm up on the Newton's Nook Blog today sharing a Card that I created using almost exclusively Die Cuts!! It's FUN sometimes to just use my Dies and some of my FAVORITE Products to make them come to life!! I started out by creating a Slimline Card Base 8 1/2 x 3 1/2!! I used the NEW Slimline Frames & Portholes Die Set to cut the scalloped panel in the back, cut from Woodgrain Patterned Paper and then I inked the edges with some Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide Ink!! Then I also Die Cut the panel in the front with the three portholes, from some Definition Patterned Paper using the same Die Set!! In between those two layers I added a stitched frame that was Die Cut from some TE Toffee Cardstock using the NEW Slimline Frames & Windows Die Set!! I inked the edges with some Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide Ink!! Then I adhered all of the layers together using some iCraft Ultra Bond Adhesive!! 
Note: The popular NEW NND Slimline Die Sets are currently out of stock but they will have more in soon!! If you'd like to be notified when they are back in stock, you can just enter your email on the Slimline Frames and Portholes or the Slimline Frames and Windows product page!! THANKS!! 
I wanted to add some flowers to my card, so I used one of my FAVORITE Die Sets the Flower Trio Die Set to Die Cut Flowers and Leaves from some Therm O Web Deco Foil Flocking Sheets in Pink Carnation, Ruby Red and Rina K Designs Screamin' Green Neon Flock Sheets!! I inked the Edges of the Die Cuts using Work Lipstick, Aged Mahagony and Lucky Clover Distress Oxide Inks!! I think it really helps to make the Flocking Texture POP, plus it adds some much need dimension!! This step isn't necessary, but I really feel that it adds to the over all design!! For the Flower Centers I Die Cut from a Piece of Cardstock that I added some Deco Foil Transfer Gel Duo to and let it Dry completely!! Then I ran it through my Die Cutting machine with a piece of Opal Deco Foil!! Then I Die Cut the Small Flowers for a STUNNING Iridescent Shine!! I wanted to add some Butterflies, so I stamped them using Speckled Egg Distress Oxide Ink and then added some WoW Ultra Shimmer Embossing Powder to add some Iridescent Sparkle using the Monarchs Stamp Set and cut out with the coordinating Monarchs Die Set!! SWOON!! I LOVE the way they make the Design come to LIFE!! Like looking at a real Flower Garden!! I added some TE Bits and Pieces Drip Drops to the Flower Centers using some iCraft Ultra Bond Adhesive and I LOVE the way that the Iridescent Sparkle ties together with the Iridescent Glitter of the Butterflies and the Iridescent Shine of the Flower Centers!! 
I Inked all of the Portholes with Speckled Egg Distress Ink For the Sentiment I LOVE adding WoW Glitter Embossing to help make one of the word POP!! In this case I chose the word Flowers!! I Stamped and Embossed the Sentiment using some Versa Fine Black Onyx Ink Masking off the parts of the sentiment using some Therm O Web Purple Tape!! Then I Embossed with WoW Embossing Clear Gloss Embossing Powder!! For the Flowers Word I Masked off the Stamp using Purple Tape and Stamped with Versa Mark Ink!! Then I Embossed with some Ruby Red Embossing Glitter!! The Embossing Glitter is a PERFECT match to the Ruby Red Flocked Flowers and creates a FUN Visual Triangle!! I LOVE the way it turned out and it was FUN to create a Card using almost ALL Dies!! 

THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by today and I hope you have a SAFE and BLESSED 4th of July Weekend!! 

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA  💗

1 comment:

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)