Saturday, February 15, 2020

Paper Smooches Color Story Challenge February 15-28th!!

Pin It

HELLO CRAFTY FRIENDS!! 

I'm here with Paper Smooches for the NEW February Challenge!! The theme is "Color Story" perfect for ANY Occasion!! I just LOVE these Colors and I personally wouldn't have used these colors on my own, so I LOVE Color Story challenges for that reason alone!! 
These colors made me thing of the Winter Sunset!! I felt like I needed to create a Warm Hugs Card and I LOVE the way it turned out!! 
I Started by Die Cutting the Fab Frames from some White Cardstock!! Next I Die Cut the Sunny Dies from the Panel and then backed it with some Patterned Paper!! I used Distress Oxide Ink in Wild Honey to add some dimension to the Sun and colored the cheeks with a R11 Copic Marker!! I Die Cut the Sun Ring from some White Cardstock and used Wild Honey Distress Oxide Ink to color it making sure to keep it lighter on one side for some Dimension and adhered it to the inside of the Sun Die Cut!! I Die Cut the Face from Black Cardstock and adhered it to the Sun!! I wanted some Gold Foiled Glasses so I Foiled a piece of Therm O Web Toner Sheets with some Gold Static Brutus Monroe Deco Foil and I LOVE the way they turned out!!

 I wanted to create a FUN background from behind the Sun, resembling a Shimmering Sun Set!! I used the Circle Images from the Winter Greetings Stamp Set using a combination of Distress Oxide Inks in Ripe Persimmon, Seedless Preserves and Milled Lavender!! I applied WoW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder to create some dimension and shine!! Then I added some Splatters using the same Ink Colors and some Black Soot Distress Paint Splatters!! I applied some Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink around the Sun Die Cut and it really makes the Sun POP!! For the Sentiment I Stamped the "Warm Hugs" Sentiment with Versa Fine Black Onyx Ink and Embossed it with some WoW Neutral Shimmer Embossing Powder!! I LOVE the Iridescent Shimmer as it ties all of the colors together!! 

Here's how to play along!! 
Challenge deadline: February 28th at 11:59pm PST
Winners will be posted on February 29th 
Next challenge begins March 1st. 
Here are the rules: 
  1. Create a NEW project (card, tag, layout, journaling page, etc).
  2. You must use at least one Paper Smooches stamps/dies or free digital images- please link to our website: http://www.papersmoochesstamps.com
  3. Post your project on your blog/social media platform and submit a direct link to your post/image using our linking system. 
  4. Please display our banner on your blog post (right click on the banner and save to your computer. If you have any trouble, I am happy to email the image to you, savannahland2 at comcast dot net)
  5. All skill levels are welcome!!! 
  6. You can enter as many times as you like! 
Here's what you are playing for: 3 winners
    One winner will win a prize pack (pictured below)
    THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by today and I hope you have a FABULOUS Weekend!! I can't wait to see what you create for this Challenge!! If you play along I hope you share with us using the #papersmooches #papersmoochesrocks   You NEVER know when Kim will spot your creations and share them on the Paper Smooches  Instagram Feed!! 😉
    Also if you don't follow already, make sure you follow!! 
    Just click the Link above!! 
    • COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES 
      LARISSA  💖

    1 comment:

    1. An adorable polka dot sun wearing fun glasses...what's not to love here!!

      ReplyDelete

    THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)