Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Shooting Stars Birthday Card with TE for Share Joy Chllenge #1!! =)

Pin It


Hello!!
Happy Hump Day!! I CAN'T believe that the First Week in September is already OVER and the Second Week is coming to an END too!! Although I LOVE Fall, I'm NOT READY for it to be here SO FAST!! We've been BUSY!! We have a Couple things left to do before our Playhouse/Set Zip Line and Fort are done, but hopefully we can get it closer to being done this weekend!!?? Then they shut the Irrigation Canals off so we are Finished Irrigating for another Year!! That means we have to Pick Up our Irrigation Pipe and then get the Combine, Grain Cart and the Trucks ready to go for Soybean, Milo and Corn Harvest!! It's just around the Corner!!
I'm stopping in to Share the Card I've made for a BRAND NEW Taylored Expressions Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #1 being hosted by Taylored Expressions!! SQUEAL!! I'm SO EXCITED about this as I have been a HUGE FAN for a LONG Time!! I'M SUPER EXCITED about this and I CAN'T WAIT to share my First Project with you for the Very First Challenge!! =) It's a Sketch Challenge and/or a Color Challenge!! I'll admit a Couple Years ago Sketches were NOT my FAVORITE Challenges!! I ALWAYS felt Lost as to how to start them!! After LOTS of Practice by Playing along with LOTS of different Challenges, I have come to LOVE Sketch Challenges!!
After looking through my TE Stash and knowing that I needed a Birthday Card for a Friend this is what I came up with!! =)
I just LOVE how it turned out!! I started by Die Cutting the TE Starry Night Cutting Plate for the Main Base of my Card from some TE Earl Grey Cardstock!! Then I Die Cut the Pockets & Pages - 3x4 Banner w/ Bonus Die form the same TE Earl Grey Cardstock and Die Cut the Inserted Banner Shape from some Distress WaterColor Paper and then used the TE Build a Scene - Rolling Hills Die Set to add the Ground from some TE Granny Smith Cardstock!! I used the Sweet TE Belated Birthday - Shooting Stars Stamp Set for my Main Focal Image and Layered the Images for  FUN3-D Design for some added Dimension!! I used my Distress Inks to Water Color the Images and just had to add some Mini Wiggly Eyes for some added FUN!! Then I Die Cut the Happy Birthday Circle Die Cut from the TE Birthday Treat Toppers Die Set from some TE Cookie Monster Cardstock!! I backed it with a White Circle Die Cut!! Then I Stamped and Embossed the word "Friend" in the Center from the TE Woodland Winter Stamp Set!! It took some Creative Masking and Stamping, but I LOVE the Look!!  I added a Lawn Fawn Grey Twine Wrap and Bow!! I'm SO HAPPY with how it turned out!!
I hope you'll Play along in the FUN too with the New Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #1!! I CAN'T WAIT to see what you crate!!
THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by and I hope you have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!!
COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

8 comments:

  1. awww this card is adorable. The google eyes are so much fun too. Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love the starry die in the background with the yellow peeking through. Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable and so much detail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like there is a lot of work ahead for the Heskett family, hang in there!! Adorable card, how fun is the sheep! Great coloring on him too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally makes me smile, what a fantabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! I love your starry background and that cute little sheep! Your sentiment is a fun embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun card, Larissa! I stopped by yesterday to see it up close, but didn't have time to comment, so I'm back! :) I love your coloring on the sheep and those adorable wiggly eyes. My DH helps on his uncles' farm and is looking forward to harvest as well. It's a wonderful time of year, isn't it!! :) ~ Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! Love that star coverplate and then the fussy cutting on the sheep and the googley eyes, great card!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)