Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Paper Smooches April #2 Challenge ~ Happy Things!!

Pin It
HELLO!! 
I'm here for the Paper Smooches April Challenge #2 ~ Happy Things!! I thought it would be FUN to create a Birthday Card using a Mix of New and Old Paper Smooches Products!! I LOVE shopping my Stash!! It's FUN to pull out those older Products and see how you can breath New Life into them!! So here's what I've created for today!! 
I Started with the SWEET Bumble Bee!! I've used the Build a Bug Die Set and Die Cut it from some Therm O Web Deco Foil Flock Sheets in Black Velvet and the NEW Rina K Designs Neon Hello Yellow Flock!! I Inked the Yellow Body with some Mustard Seed Distress Ink in order to add some Shading and it also helps to make the Flock texture POP!! SQUEAL!! I just LOVE creating my Images with the Flock Sheets!! It really does help to bring them to LIFE!! I wanted the Strip to have some Texture too, and its hard to see in the Photo, but I've used the Paper Smooches Half Moon Patterned Paper and I Foiled the Plaid Design with some Black Deco Foil and then I Inked it with some Black Soot Distress Ink!! It's a FUN Black Foiled Plaid and in real life just that little detail really adds some character to this SWEET Bee!! I Die Cut the Wings from some Lawn Fawn Pearlescent Vellum and Inked them with some Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide Ink for some Dimension!! Then I added a Trinity Stamps Clay Heart to the chest of the Bee and some 3mm Mini Wiggle Eyes to the Bee!! 

I Started by Inking my Background with some Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Inks and added some Water Droplets for some Texture!! Then I Die Cut the Flourish 1 Die into the Card Panel for the look of Flight!! I LOVE the movement it adds to the Bee!! I wanted to use the Honeycomb Die for a FUN background so I Die Cut it 5 times from some Neenah Solar White Cardstock and then layered them together!! I LOVE the dimension that it added!! I wanted to fill in the Design with some of the Hexagon Pieces, but I wanted to add Color to them so I Inked them using some Mustard Seed, Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge Distress Inks!! Then I added them to the Honeycomb Frame and around the Frame to the Design!! I Stamped and Embossed the Sentiment "Hapbee Birthday" from the Courteous Cuties Stamp Set onto the Card Panel using Versa Fine Black Onyx Ink and WoW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder!! 

Challenge deadline: April 28th, 2018 at 11:59pm PST
Winners will be posted on April 29/30. 
Next challenge begins May 1st. 

Here are the rules: 
  1. Create a NEW project (card, tag, layout, journaling page, etc).
  2. You must use at least one Paper Smooches stamps/dies or free digital images- please link to our website: http://www.papersmoochesstamps.com
  3. Post your project on your blog/social media platform and submit a direct link to your post/image using our linking system. 
  4. Please display our banner on your blog post (right click on the banner and save to your computer. If you have any trouble, I am happy to email the image to you, savannahland2 at comcast dot net)
  5. All skill levels are welcome!!! 
  6. You can enter as many times as you like! 
Here's what you are playing for: 3 winners
  • One winner will win a prize pack (pictured below)
  • One winner will receive a $25 Paper Smooches gift certificate.
  • One winner will receive a $5 Paper Smooches gift certificate.



Also if you wanted to help Kim CELEBRATE her 49th Birthday, you can use this Code: HBKIM49 
to SAVE 49% off ANYTHING in the Paper Smooches store!! You have until April 16th @ 9:00 AM PT to use the Code!! 

THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by and I hope you have a FABULOUS WEEK!! I can't wait to see what you create for the Challenge!! 

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA  💖

1 comment:

  1. Holy smokes is this ever CUTE!! It just makes me smile Larissa, it oozes HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)