Monday, April 2, 2012

Fascination with Feathers 2!! =)

Pin It



 I was INSPIRED by these photos for my second project for the Fascination with Feathers Challenge over on the Moxie Fab World Blog here:
http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2012/03/fascination-with-feathers-challenge.html
I also wanted to use the New Collection of papers by Prima The Almanac Collection.
I LOVE the fun colors and the Bird/Nature theme.
I was looking at the collection and it hit me~~I thought wouldn't it be fun to make a CONGRATS Pregnancy card only for those time when you may find out at a later date due to medical reasons or whatever the reason may be. So using the Almanac papers and the FUN NEST images I decided to make some hand made dictionary feathers for the skirt and then make a CUTE Pregnancy dress. I popped up the tummy so that you can tell its a Pregnant Belly!! =)
I added one of the nests to the side of the dress and added some Prima lace and some seam binding along with a button and some heart pins. I wanted the saying to be on the inside and I used a label and some little letters from the paper collection to spell out HAPPY NESTING!! =)
I thought this was SO FUN!! I have several friends who have suffered through several miscarriages and have kept their pregnancies secret until they were further along and I think a card like this would be PERFECT for sending in these situations!!
Here are some pictures of my card that HALLMARK doesn't make!! =)






THANKS for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEK!!

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA  =)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Larissa! Thanks again for linking up to the Fascination with Feathers Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)