Thursday, July 27, 2017

Celebrating Shark Week with Newton's Nook Designs!! =)

Pin It

 
HELLO!!
Who's been ENJOYING SHARK WEEK!!?? We've been LOVING it!! So I thought what better way to CELEBRATE than by making a Card with Newton's Nook Designs featuring their AWESOME Shark Bites Stamp Set  and the coordinating Shark Bites Die Set!!
Here's a look at the Layered Scene Card I Created!!  =)
 
First, I wanted to Create a Layered Scene Card!! If you KNOW me you KNOW I LOVE LOVE LOVE to Create Layered Scene Cards and I had such a FUN Time making this one!! I Started by Stamping and Embossing my Shark Image onto some Distress Watercolor Paper!! Then I used a New NND Sea Borders Die Set to Create the Ocean Background!! I wanted to have an Underwater Scene so I used Distress Inks to Create my Ocean Background!! I Stamped the School of Fish Image using Chipped Sapphire and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink stamped ontop of one another then I covered them with Clearsnaps Clear Embossing Powder!! I used Distress Oxide Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain to create the Sandy Ocean floor Stamping some of the details in Walnut Stain Distress Oxide Ink!! I used the NND Tranquil Tides Stamp Set and the Coordinating NND Tranquil Tides Dies Set to Stamp and Emboss SEVERAL of the Images to Create my Under Water Scene!! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE how well these Stamp Sets work together!! =) I Splattered some Water onto my Inked Background for some Texture and added some Tonic Studios Aqua Sparkle Pen Spaltters to make the Ocean Shimmer!! SQUEAL!! I just LOVE how it turned out and hope it INSPIRES you to create a Card for Shark Week!!

I'm also playing along with the


Inky Paws Challenge #51 Tropical Theme


Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: On the Edge


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes


I was Inspired by the Colors in the Photo!! I LOVED the Mix of Turquoise, Peach/Coral, Khaki, Gray and  White!!


THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by I HOPE I've INSPIRED you today!!??  =) 
If you've Missed Out on any of the FUN from the Newton's Nook Designs Shark Week I hope you'll head over to the NND Blog to check out ALL of the AMAZING Creations shared by the DT this Week!! Have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! 

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

10 comments:

  1. What a cool scene you've created for your shark! This is terrific Larissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so much fun Larissa!
    I sent you an email, did you receive it? It's regarding the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop. It was from the Coffee Loving Cardmakers gmail account.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is perfect for shark week! I'm not sure I want to be in those tropical waters with him swimming beneath the surface! Wonderfully colored and designed! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inky Paws Challenge!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layered scene with the added vellum wave! So super fun!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Inky Paws!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome! I love the fun shark scene you created using the new dies! So FUN!!!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Larissa! Love the layering!! Great design!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Larissa, your shark card is super cool! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A most 'jaw-some' underwater scene, featuring your amazing shark! Layers, colours, images: such fun! So glad you shared your creativity in the FUSION gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Larissa :-) the shark is fabulous and I love the whole underwater scene, the background is awesome!! :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)