Saturday, June 4, 2016

TWO FUN Interactive Cards with Mint Owl Studio!! =)

Pin It
Mint Owl Studio
HELLO!!
I'm stopping by today to share a Couple REALLY FUN Interactive Cards that I've made using some NEW Stamps from Mint Owl Studio!! I LOVE to make Interactive Cards and when I saw the "A Pirates Life" Stamp Set and the "Under Construction" Stamp Set I just COULDN'T WAIT to create with them!! Even my Boys have been LOVING these New Sets!! So I started by Stamping and Embossing the Images onto Distress Water Color Paper and then I used my Distress Inks to Water Color them in!! I Fussy Cut them out leaving a Small White Border!! I JUST LOVE the way they turned out and hope you do too!!??
A Pirate's Life    Under Construction 
For the "Happy Birthday Matey" Card I thought it would be FUN to have the Ship Sailing across the Card!! I wanted to have a Shore Line and then the Ship could Dock or Sail!! SQUEAL!! I'm SO HAPPY with how it turned out!! I used some Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Marker to make the Sails, the Pirate Flag and Pirate's Hat, Gem, Treasure, the X on the Map and the Coconuts!! I LOVE the touch it adds!! I used a Pretty Pink Posh Border Die to Create my Waves and then a Lawn Fawn Slider Die to create the opening for my Slider!! I also used a Lawn Fawn Stitched Border Die for the Shore Line!! I Stamped the Sand Image and several of the Sand Specks using Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and then I used a Sponge Daubber to Ink up the Shore using Antique Linen and Gathered Twigs Distress Ink!! For the Sea I used Peacock Feathers and I LOVE the way it looks against the Images!! For the Sky I used Tumbled Glass and Sketchbook and then I took some Water and Splattered it to add in some texture!! For the Shore I wanted even more texture so I Splattered some Black and Gold Acrylic Paint Spots and I really like how it makes it feel like a REAL Beach!!=)
I wanted my Pirate Girl to be holding the Gem so I took an Exacto Knife and cut along her hands and then slipped the Gem in them with a small piece of Foam Tape so it looks Dimensional!! =)
                           
 
 
For the "Congratulations" Card I wanted it to look like the Excavator was Digging and then Loading the Dump Truck and the Dump Truck could Drive off!! I used a Couple Pretty Pink Posh Border Dies to create the "Dig Site"!! I think its PERFECT, Don't You!!?? Then I used a Small Slider Die from MFT too create both of the Slider Openings!! I Stamped and Embossed onto Distress Watercolor Paper and used Distress Inks to Water Color the Images!! I used my NEW Mini Misti Stamping Tool (that I was LUCKY enough to WIN during) Misti Mania!! There's still time to ENTER to WIN one so GO NOW and ENTER!! =)
I was able to Double Stamp and Emboss my Sentiment and Embossed it with both Black and White Embossing Powder!! I used Distress Inks to Create my Backgrounds and then added Water Splatters and some Black, White and Gold Acrylic Paints to add even more texture!! I LOVE the way it adds to the whole Card!!
 
 
Here's a Short Video showing how AWESOME they are in ACTION!! =)
So what do you think!!?? Aren't these New Stamp Set FUN!! They make Masculine and Interactive Cards SO EASY and FUN to CREATE!! I HOPE I've INSPIRED you today!!??   =)
THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by and I hope you have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!!
COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

3 comments:

  1. You are SO CREATIVE Larissa!! These are just as cute as they can be!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are so fun! I love the sweet scenes you created!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)