Saturday, June 4, 2016

TWO FUN Interactive Cards with Mint Owl Studio!! =)

Pin It
Mint Owl Studio
HELLO!!
I'm stopping by today to share a Couple REALLY FUN Interactive Cards that I've made using some NEW Stamps from Mint Owl Studio!! I LOVE to make Interactive Cards and when I saw the "A Pirates Life" Stamp Set and the "Under Construction" Stamp Set I just COULDN'T WAIT to create with them!! Even my Boys have been LOVING these New Sets!! So I started by Stamping and Embossing the Images onto Distress Water Color Paper and then I used my Distress Inks to Water Color them in!! I Fussy Cut them out leaving a Small White Border!! I JUST LOVE the way they turned out and hope you do too!!??
A Pirate's Life    Under Construction 
For the "Happy Birthday Matey" Card I thought it would be FUN to have the Ship Sailing across the Card!! I wanted to have a Shore Line and then the Ship could Dock or Sail!! SQUEAL!! I'm SO HAPPY with how it turned out!! I used some Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Marker to make the Sails, the Pirate Flag and Pirate's Hat, Gem, Treasure, the X on the Map and the Coconuts!! I LOVE the touch it adds!! I used a Pretty Pink Posh Border Die to Create my Waves and then a Lawn Fawn Slider Die to create the opening for my Slider!! I also used a Lawn Fawn Stitched Border Die for the Shore Line!! I Stamped the Sand Image and several of the Sand Specks using Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and then I used a Sponge Daubber to Ink up the Shore using Antique Linen and Gathered Twigs Distress Ink!! For the Sea I used Peacock Feathers and I LOVE the way it looks against the Images!! For the Sky I used Tumbled Glass and Sketchbook and then I took some Water and Splattered it to add in some texture!! For the Shore I wanted even more texture so I Splattered some Black and Gold Acrylic Paint Spots and I really like how it makes it feel like a REAL Beach!!=)
I wanted my Pirate Girl to be holding the Gem so I took an Exacto Knife and cut along her hands and then slipped the Gem in them with a small piece of Foam Tape so it looks Dimensional!! =)
                           
 
 
For the "Congratulations" Card I wanted it to look like the Excavator was Digging and then Loading the Dump Truck and the Dump Truck could Drive off!! I used a Couple Pretty Pink Posh Border Dies to create the "Dig Site"!! I think its PERFECT, Don't You!!?? Then I used a Small Slider Die from MFT too create both of the Slider Openings!! I Stamped and Embossed onto Distress Watercolor Paper and used Distress Inks to Water Color the Images!! I used my NEW Mini Misti Stamping Tool (that I was LUCKY enough to WIN during) Misti Mania!! There's still time to ENTER to WIN one so GO NOW and ENTER!! =)
I was able to Double Stamp and Emboss my Sentiment and Embossed it with both Black and White Embossing Powder!! I used Distress Inks to Create my Backgrounds and then added Water Splatters and some Black, White and Gold Acrylic Paints to add even more texture!! I LOVE the way it adds to the whole Card!!
 
 
Here's a Short Video showing how AWESOME they are in ACTION!! =)
So what do you think!!?? Aren't these New Stamp Set FUN!! They make Masculine and Interactive Cards SO EASY and FUN to CREATE!! I HOPE I've INSPIRED you today!!??   =)
THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by and I hope you have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!!
COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

3 comments:

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Super cute love these sets!

Lisa said...

You are SO CREATIVE Larissa!! These are just as cute as they can be!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are so fun! I love the sweet scenes you created!

Post a Comment

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)