Friday, June 10, 2016

A "DEER" Couple Anniversary Card w/ Newton's Nook Designs!! =)

Pin It
Newton
HELLO!!
I'm here with Newton's Nook Designs today to share a SWEET "DEER" Couple Anniversary Card!! I have had this Card Sketched out since I saw this Set and I'm SO HAPPY with ho it turned out!! Not sure about you!!?? Sometimes you have an Idea and it just doesn't turn out the way you want it too!!?? I started by Die Cutting my Arches Water Color Paper using a Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Rectangle Die!! Then I added a Light Watercolor Wash of Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to the Background!! For some added Texture I Flicked my Background with some Black, White and Antique Gold Acrylic Paint using a Fine Paint Brush!! I LOVE the way it looks in Real Life!! I Die Cut ALL of my Pieces (2 Stags from the NND Splendid Stags Die Set, an Arrow from the NND Points and Plumes Die Set, Stamped and Die Cut 1 Twine Wreath, and 2 of the Leafy Sprig Images and cut them apart so I'd have 4 Pieces!! I also Stamped and Embossed 7 Flowers with some WoW Red Glitter Embossing Powder  and 17 Little Leaves all from the NND Happy Little Thoughts Stamp Set and the Coordinating NND Happy Little Thoughts Die Set!!  I used my Distress Markers to Water Color the Leafy Wreath Images, the Leaves and my Stag Images!! In order to have them facing each other I just Flipped the Doe over and Cut off the Antlers!! So FUN Right!!?? I wanted the "Arrow" as if he was wearing a Bow Tie!!?? Then I wanted a Flower in her Ear so you could tell it was a Female if "Deer" aren't your thing!!?? I added some Imaginesce Hot Set Gems to the Centers of the Flowers with a Hot Set Tool and I LOVE the way they look!! I wanted a FUN Sentiment so I KNEW I wanted to Double Stamp and Emboss the Happy Sentiment!! Using my New Mini Misti Stamping Tool makes this SO EASY!! =)
I Stamped first with Black Versa Fine Ink and then used Clear Embossing Powder to Emboss it!! Then I restamped it Slightly offset and used some SSS Antique Gold Embossing Powder to Emboss it!! I used the NND Simply Sentimental Stamp Set for the Happy Anniversary and then used the NND Holiday Smooches Stamp Set for the "to a Special Couple" Sentiment!! SQUEAL!! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the way it turned out and I CAN'T WAIT to give it to my Sister and Brother-In-Law!!
 
 
There's still time!! Our Challenge closes Tonight, Friday, June 10th at Midnight CST time!! To enter, all you need to do is create a card or project using some sort of ARROW and NND products!! The winners of this challenge will get a $10 gift card to our shop!! You can view full details and link up your card to our Inky Paws Challenge on this post. If you don't own a NND stamp set yet you can still play along - just download and use one of the digital freebies on our freebies page.
I hope I've INSPIRED you today!!??
THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by and I hope you'll come back next week as we Kick off the New Newton's Nook Designs June Release!! SQUEAL!! You're NOT going to want to MISS all of the AMAZING Inspiration and the Chances to WIN some of the New Sets!!
Have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!!
COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

1 comment:

  1. What's not to LOVE about this card!! Everything flows together perfectly in your design Larissa. Absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)