Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Be Thankful Fall Wreath Card w/ Newton's Nook Designs!!

Pin It
HELLO CRAFTY FRIENDS!! 
I'm up on the Newton's Nook Blog today sharing a really BEAUTIFUL Be Thankful Fall Wreath Card!! 
Thanksgiving is just days away and with that it brings an end to the Fall Season!! So I wanted to share one last Fall themed Card focusing on the Little Images in the Sets that can sometimes get overlooked!! I wanted to bring them to the fore front and make them the STAR of my Card Design!!  I LOVE the way this Card turned out, and the BIG WOW Factor that those little images bring to the Design!! 
I'm using Images from the Sunflower Days Stamp Set and the Paw-tumn Newton Stamp Set!! 
Here's a Look at the Sets I've used!! 


I Started by Stamping 2 of the Sunflower Days Images onto some Distress Watercolor Cardstock with Versa Fine Black Onyx Ink and then I Embossed them using some WoW Embossing Powder in Clear Gloss using my WoW Dual Speed Embossing Tool!! Then I colored in the Images using Copic Markers!!  
Sunflower: Y11, Y15 & YR23   Sunlower Centers:  E31, E33 & E37   Greenery:  YG61, Yg63 & YG67   
I Die Cut the Images out using the Sunflower Days Die Set!!  
I added some Midas Touch Shimmer Pen to the Center of the Sunflowers and then coated them with some Ranger Glossy Accents!! I set the Panel aside to dry completely!! 

Then I created my Card Panel!! I Inked with some Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Inks and then added some Water Splatters and some Black Soot Distress Paint Splatters!! I Stamped and Embossed my Sentiment using the Sentiment from the Autumn Newton Stamp Set!! I inked with Versa Fine Black Onyx Ink and then Embossed with WoW Embossing Clear Gloss Powder!! 
I placed the Sunflower Images together to create a Wreath Shape using some 3D Foam Squares to adhere them to the Card Panel!! Next I Stamped and Embossed the Small Pumpkin, Leaves and Acorn Image from the Paw-tumn Newton Stamp Set!! I colored them in using Copic Markers!!    

Orange: YR00, YR18 & YR68    White: W0, W3 & W5    Turquoise Leaves: BG00, B13 & BG45    
Green Leaves: YG61, YG63 & YG67   
Maroon Leaves: RV00, RV34 & RV39    
Orange Leaves: Y21 Y23 & E99  
Acorns: E40, E43 & E47  E31 & E35 
I used the coordinating Paw-tumn Newton Die Set and Die Cut all of the Images out using Purple Tape to help keep the dies in place while I ran them through my Die Cutting Machine!! 
Then I used Foam Squares to adhere the Pumpkins to the Wreath and placed the Leaves and Acorn using a mixture of both Ultra Bond Adhesive and Foam Squares!! Depending on where I placed them!! The Images I placed with Ultra Bond Adhesive, I only applied Glue to one side of the Image so I could Pop Up the Image so it wasn't flat just to add some extra Dimension!! 
Once everything was placed I then added some Midas Touch Shimmer Pen and applied some Glossy Accents to the Tops of the Acorns for some added Dimension!! I let it set aside to dry completely!! I LOVE the added touch of the Glossy Accents, it really makes the Center of the Sunflowers and the Tops of the Acorns POP and the added touch of the Midas Touch Shimmer Pen just makes me HAPPY!! I'm ALL about the Sparkle so this touch really makes this Wreath come to LIFE!! 
To finish off the Card, I Die Cut some Sunny Studio Colorful Autumn Patterned Paper using the NND Frames & Flags Die Set!! Then I adhered the Card Panel to the Scalloped Frame using some Ultra Bond Adhesive!! I applied the Rectangle Panel to a White Cardbase using some Fun Foam to add even more Dimension!! Then I paired it with a SSS Woodgrain Embossed Envelope!! 
I LOVE how it turned out!! 
Don't forget to take advantage of the AMAZING Winter Sale going on now until November 25th, 2020 Expires @Midnight EST!! Only Valid at the Newton's Nook Designs Store!! 


THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by today and I hope I've INSPIRED you to create some Projects using those Smaller Images in the Sets bringing them to the fore front and making them the STAR of your Card Designs!! TRUST me the Recipients will LOVE them and will keep looking at them to find something NEW to react too!! 
Have a FABULOUS & BLESSED THANKSGIVING Day/ Weekend!! 

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA  💗

1 comment:

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)