Wednesday, February 25, 2015

February Paper Trey Ink Challenge Blog Hop!!

Pin It

Blog-hop-logo
Blog Hop Inspiration

HELLO!!
I'm stopping in to share the FUN Shaker Styled Card I've made for the February Paper Trey Ink Challenge Blog Hop!! I wanted to make a FUN card for one of my SWEETEST Friends!! She is just AMAZING and has a New Granddaughter so I thought I'd make her an Easter Card and one it is a FUN Little Felt Bow for her Granddaughter to wear!! =) It's a SURPRISE so I HOPE she LOVES it!! =) SQUEAL!! I used the Paper Trey Ink Cover Plate: Quatrefoil Die and the Water Coloring as my Inspiration from the Challenge Photo!! I changed the colors just alittle so it would coordinate with my SWEET Little Chick Felt Bow and I LOVE the Rainbow look that I got!! =) That is one think I like about this technique you NEVER know what you'll end up with and each one is UNIQUE!! I used Distress Inks and Water on Tim Holtz Distress Water Color Paper and I just LOVE the way the colors Blend and how you can add LOTS of water to soften the colors or leave them as is for a Darker shade!! =) SO MANY OPTIONS!! I used the Seasonal Stitching: Birds Die Collection and instead of leaving him flat, I cut two layers of everything from Paper Trey Ink Limeade Ice Felt and made him a Puffy Bird!! I just LOVE the way it turned out and have made SEVERAL of these in different colors to give away!! =) I then used the Leaves Die from the Paper Trey Ink Song Birds Die Set and the Thanks Die Cut is from the Wet Paint Words Die Set!! I didn't want this to be too in your face so I used a Chalkboard Grey Paper and then it need some bulk to hold its own against that Chick and the Leaves so I Die Cut it 5 Times and layered them altogether and I LOVE the way it came together and I hope you do too!!??



THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by today and I hope you have a FABULOUS WEEK!!
COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA  =)

18 comments:

  1. Super card! It's an interactive work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow this is gorgeous! Loving the bright contrast of the bird on here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are TOO much, Larissa! Just having this be a card card would be grand enough, but you went and made it a shaker card which makes it spectacular!! Your pastel rainbow colors are divine and that chickie? Please! You are TOO fantastic and FUN!! Enjoy the hop! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful background in your shaker window Larissa!! Lots of pretty texture here too, looks like spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sweet bird bow for your friends new granddaughter. So sweet! Your friend is going to love this card with it's soft colors, sweet felt bird and of course the fun factor of it being a shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, that is so gorgeous! Beautiful shaker and such a sweet little felt bird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card!! Love all the colors and the sweet little felt birdie is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A shaker card and a puffy felt bird. Amazing. Love this card and it is so very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, Larissa! Love the whole composition, the felt chickie, and most of all the shaker fun! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. a shaker card AND an adorable felt birdie? amazing. and so very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooo I love a shaker card - and yours is so pretty,x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this fun-filled shaker! And what a fabulous idea to have the bird be a hair clip. I'm sure your friend will just love seeing it on her little granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Great shaker! What a wonderful idea to use a frame for the whole card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The felt bird is adorable! Shaker card and watercoloured background! What a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that felt bird is fabulous! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow--the whole front is a shaker?! Such a neat card!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)