Friday, November 7, 2014

Thanksgiving Shaker Tag for Newton's Nook!! =)

Pin It

Hello!!
Happy Friday!! I can't believe the First week in November is already over and that THANKSGIVING is only three weeks away!! WOWOWOWOW!! Where does the time go!!? I'm up over on the Newton's Nook Blog today and I thought it would be FUN to create a Thanksgiving Shaker Tag!! I'm not sure about all of you, but Thanksgiving has ALWAYS been a Special Holiday for me!! From the time I was little we have ALWAYS spent it with our Family and my Grandma would have a Jar EVERY Year that we would write what we were Thankful for and then while we were eating we'd pass the Jar around and grab one of the tags out of the Jar and read it Aloud!! We do this until all of the tags have been read!! Its always been FUN to read them and to see what everyone is Thankful for!! I thought it would be Neat to make my own Tag for the Jar this year and I wanted it to be a shaker beings they have been so popular!! I've backed my tag with another Stitched Die Cut Tag that I cut from Kraft Cardstock and now I'll be able to write my message and have it ready for Jar!! =) I started by Die Cutting my Stitched Tag Base from some Kaiser Patterned Paper using a Paper Smooches Stitched Tag Die!! I then Die Cut the next smaller Paper Smooches Stitched Tag which is actually two pieces from both Oatmeal and Kraft Cardstock so I could layer them to create the base for my Shaker element!! I stamped the Pumpkin from the Love a Al` Carte Stamp Set and then paper pieced it and colored it in using my Colored Pencils and Gamsol!! I then die cut the Smaller Tag Die again two more times from some Double Sided Sticky Foam Paper and that will be the edge for my shaker tag!! I cut some acetate to place over my tag and then filled it with my Prima Clear Beads, some Glitter and some different Sequins!! Mini (2mm) Orange Sequins and some 4mm Gold Pretty Pink Posh Sequins as well!! I then Stamped my sentiment from the Simply Sentimental Stamp Set onto my Large Tag and then heat embossed it using Ranger Gold Embossing Powder!! I wanted it to POP alittle more so I stamped it again off setting it alittle and stamped it in Black Versa Fine Ink for a nice shadow!! I LOVE the way it turned out!! I stamped the Thanks and then added the Shaker Tag Element on top!! I stamped some of the Leaf images from the Falling for Autumn Stamp Set and then added Judikins Sticky Stuff Embossing Powder so I could add some Martha Stewart Glitter to them!! I fussy cut them out and added them to the top of my Tag along with a Fancy Pants Burlap Bow and some Ribbon and Burlap Twine from May Arts as my hanger!! I added a Button also threaded with Burlap Twine from May Arts and my tag was finished!! I LOVE it!!  =)
Falling into Autumn | 4x6 photopolymer Stamp Set | Newton's Nook Designs   Love a la Carte Stamp Set by Newton's Nook Designs  Simply Sentimental | 4x6 photopolymer Stamp Set | Newton's Nook Designs





Inky Paws Challenge #15 - Add a Little Sparkle - Newton's Nook Designs
Today is the LAST DAY to get inky with our Sparkle Challenge!
Our current Inky Paws Challenge ends Tonight at midnight CST (November 7th)!!
You can view full details and link up your card to our Inky Paws Challenge on this post!!

THANKS so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a Fabulous Friday/Weekend!! Don't forget to check back next week as we start the New Release Count Down for Newton's Nook Designs!! It will be the LAST Release of the Year!! Man does that seem WEIRD to Write!! You're not going to want to miss it!!

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

2 comments:

  1. Whoever pulls this tag out of grandma's jar is going to secretly tuck it in their pocket!! SO pretty Larissa and so many wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow just gorgeous love all the details.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)