Wednesday, July 30, 2014

12 Tags of 2014 Challenge~Sun Set Bird Tag!! =)

Pin It

DSC00428

Hello!!
Happy Hump Day!!
Boy where has July went SO FAST!!?? I'm not ready for Summer to be over!!
I created a FUN Tag for the 12 Tags of 2014 Challenge over on Tim Holtz Blog!!
I don't have any of the AWESOME Under the Sea Dies so I had to get creative with the supplies I did have and I still wanted to give all of the FUN Techniques a Try!! =) So after looking through my stash of Tim Holtz Stamps and Dies I ended up deciding I'd use the Bird Image from the Spooky Stuff Stamp Set and try to use  it in a more Country type scene!! I used the Zig Zag Border stamp for my Picket Fence from the Classics #6 Stamp Set!! I covered the bird image with some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and some Gathered Twigs for the beak and feet!! Then I covered it in some Rock Candy Dristress Crackle Paint!! I LOVE how it turned out!! After it was dry I cut it out with a small border just to add some color so it wouldn't look like a scary bird!! =) I inked the edges of my Picket Fence and then I Die Cut two rows of Trees from the Tim Holtz Sizzix On the Edge Tree Line Die!! I used Tim's Kraft-Core Core`dinations CardStock in the Peeled Paint and Spring Moss Colors!!
I then sanded then alittle and added the matching Distress Glitter and some Distress Embossing Powder!! I didn't add mutch of the powder because I still wanted them to look like trees!! Once the Glitter was dry I went over then with some Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to add more definition!! =) I layered them together for a FUN tree line!! I used the Tim Holtz Sun Rays Embossing Folder and embossed some Clear Packaging!! I colored my tag base using Squeezed Lemonade, Ripe Persimmon and Gathered Twigs Distress Inks!! I wanted the background to look like a Sun Set and I think it turned out AWESOME!! I added some Perfect Pearls Mists in Biscotti, Orange and Gold and even though its hard to see in the pictures on real life it's SO NEAT looking behind the Embossed Clear Packaging!! LOVE IT!!  =)




I hope you like my take on the Challenge and if you'd LOVE to see all of the other INSPIRATION you should go and check out the Blog Post here!!
THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEK!!
 
COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

3 comments:

  1. WOW Larissa you did a GREAT job! Love the pretty baubles you added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larissa, love your take on the tag this month. Really, really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your tag, it's my favourite this month. The layered trees are fab and I love the crackle glaze on the crow. :)

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)