Friday, January 31, 2014

LOVE Banner with Penny Black Challenge!! ;)

Pin It

blog-banner

Hello!!
Sharing another card for the Penny Black Challenge on their blog!!

 
 
heart stringlove expressionslove chapter
 
I wanted to use some of my NEW Hero Arts Ink Daubers and I thought it would be FUN to use the BRIGHT colors for a LOVE Card!! I used the Ultra Pink, Lemon Yellow, and Lime Green colors!!  I cut a strip for my card front and then used the LOVE subway inspired stamp and stamped down the front of the panel!! I used versa mark ink and heat embossed it with Ranger Ultra Fine Gold Embossing Powder!! I LOVE the way it looks!! I then water colored with my Ink Daubers and let it dry!! To make it pop I backed the panel with a Black mat and attached it to my card base with foam tape!! I then took the heart string die and used some sticky backed tape on some vellum to create several heart strings!! I cut some from just plain vellum too!! Then I covered them with Distress Rock Candy Glitter and used the same Ink Daubers to tint the glitter!! I LOVE it!! If you've ever worked with vellum, you know it doesn't hold up well to getting wet!! So by adding the Sticky Double sided Glue sheet it makes a barrier so the vellum doesn't actually get wet just the glitter does. Once I had them on my card they got lost so I decided to ink the edges of the hearts in black and it was just what they needed to pop of that background!! I plan on trying this Glittered Vellum technique again with some other die cuts!! YUMMY!!  ;) I attached the heart strings going down the stamped front panel and my card was finished!  I LOVE the colors and the FUN design!!

THANKS so much for stopping by and have a Fabulous Weekend!!

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

1 comment:

  1. How pretty!! The colors are marvelous and I like the way your layered heart banners cascade down the card.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)