Sunday, April 29, 2012

Trigger Tuesday:Watercolor Butterflies!! =)

Pin It

Look at this SUPER FUN challenge this week over on the Moxie Fab World Blog here:
http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2012/04/tueday-trigger-watercolor-butterflies.html
I decided to play aroung with the watercolor stamping and I had a BLAST!! =)
I ended up making several cards for gift sets so that I'd have a collection of gifts readdy to give away when I needed a fast present!! =)
I used the Beautiful Butterflies Stamp Set from Paper Trey Ink!! I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Victorian Velvet, Wild Honey, Scattered Straw, and Persimmon. I inked up the stamps and then instead of spraying them with water I decided to try something new and I sprayed them with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in the color of Butternut Squash.  I stamped it on white cardstock and then cut out the butterflies and layered two together to give a dimensional effect.
I LOVE the way that the glimmer mist adds just a hint of sparkle!! It is really preey in real life!!
For the next effect I decided to white emboss the butterfly and sentiment and then do a watercolor over the top of the embossing for a resist look!! I LOVE the way they turned out!!

I also learned a NEW embossing technique after taking the online class A Cut Above!! It is still going on and MAN have I learned alot of NEW techniques!! If you aren't taking the class and you have a cutting/embossing machine you'll want to take it!! =)
You can find out more about it here http://www.onlinecardclasses.com
I learned how to Double Emboss and I am having SO much fun playing with this technique!!
I used a Lifestyle Crafts Embossing Folder and a Paper Trey Ink lable die to get the FUN Doble Embossed effect on the frot of my cards!! I used a masking paper the block the lable so when I watercolored the lable I didn't get it on the embossed edge of the card!!
Here are some close up pictures of my cards!!









THANKS for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA  =)

5 comments:

  1. Love your multiple uses of the two different embosses on one card technique. I think my favorite is the Sending Prayers close-up photo. The butterfly is a stunner (his his bling, layering and twirly antennae), but the embossing really makes him pop. The watercolor drops are also a great contrast to the formal feel of the embossing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so many LOVELY butterfly cards. Your watercoloring is superb!! You've made so many lovely works of art here, but I think my favorite just has to be the one with the curled wire antennae. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Larissa! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! these are so beautiful! love the beautiful backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your butterfly cards.. Great backgrounds, love their antenna!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)