Friday, September 11, 2020

Thinking of You Card w/ Newton's Nook Designs!!

Pin It
Newton
HELLO CRAFTY FRIENDS!! 
I'm up on the Newton's Nook Design Blog today sharing this BEAUTIFUL Thinking of You Card showcasing the Hummingbird Stamp Set!! SWOON!! I just LOVE the Images in this Set and there are SO many ways to use them!! 
Hummingbird Stamp & Die Set by Newton's Nook Designs
Here's a look at the Hummingbird Stamp Set just in case its NEW to you!!??
Thinking of You Card by Larissa Heskett for Newton's Nook Designs using Hummingbird Stamp Set, Floral Roundabout Stamp Set and Circle Frames Die Set #hummingbird #floralroundabout #circleframes #thinkingofyou #tayloredexpressions
I Started by Stamping and Embossing my Images and coloring them with Copic Markers!! 
I used Versa Fine Black Onyx Ink and WoW Clear Gloss Embossing Powder!! I used Copic Markers to color the Images!! I've used NEW to me Copic Marker Colors!! I'm trying to step out of my Normal Color Combos and experiment with some NEW Combos!! It was FUN to see how they came together and I really like the Combo!! (Flowers: BV000, BV00, BV02 & BV08  Y00 & Y13   Hummingbird: YG00, YG11, YG17 & YG99  RV00, RV02, RV06 & RV09   E40 & E81)
After Coloring I Die Cut them out using the coordinating Hummingbird Die Set!! I added some White and Black Gel Pen details to add some highlights!!  
Thinking of You Card by Larissa Heskett for Newton's Nook Designs using Hummingbird Stamp Set, Floral Roundabout Stamp Set and Circle Frames Die Set #hummingbird #floralroundabout #circleframes #thinkingofyou #tayloredexpressions
Next I created my Circle Focal Point using the 
Circle Frames Die Set!! I Die Cut some TE Cookie Monster Cardstock using the Scalloped Circle and a White Stitched Circle!! I Inked using some TE Cookie Monster Ink and then I Stamped and Embossed the sentiment "Thinking of you" from the Floral Roundabout Stamp Set three times around the circle edge!!  Although the sentiment comes as a straight Stamp, you can easily create a curve with it onto your stamping block or your MISTI Stamping Tool!! I like to create a Panel that I Die Cut my Circle from and then I add the Panel inside of my MISTI Stamping Tool and then I add the Circle to the Die Cut opening that it was Die Cut from after I apply some removable adhesive to the base of the MISTI so that the Circle will stay in place while I'm Stamping!! I align the Sentiment where I want it and then pick it up with the MISTI!! Just another AWESOME  thing about photopolymer stamps!!
Thinking of You Card by Larissa Heskett for Newton's Nook Designs using Hummingbird Stamp Set, Floral Roundabout Stamp Set and Circle Frames Die Set #hummingbird #floralroundabout #circleframes #thinkingofyou #tayloredexpressions
 After Heat Embossing I added some Rose Quarts Glitter Pen Splatters for some Sparkle and Shine!! The Rose Iridescent Glimmer really adds to the Design!! Plus, who doesn't like some Sparkle!!?? 😍
For the Card Panel background I added a subtle pattern of flowers using the large image from the Floral Roundabout Stamp Set!! I Stamped with some TE Sea Salt!! I LOVE this Ink not only for Subtle Stamping, but it also Stamps really well on Colored Cardstock for a BEAUTIFUL Tone-on-Tone look!! Then I added some Black Soot Distress Paint Splatter and some Nuvo Rose Quartz Shimmer Splatters!! Then I finished off the design with some Studio Katia Pearls!! They have a BEAUTIFUL Iridescent finish on them and it really coordinates with the Rose Quarts Splatters!! I created a FUN coordinating Envelope too!! I used a coordinating TE Cookie Monster Envelope so it matches the Card PERFECTLY and Stamped the Floral Roundabout Stamp Set using TE Sea Salt Ink!! Then I added some Rose Quartz Splatters to tie it all together!! I LOVE the way this Card and Envelope Set turned out!! 
I hope I've INSPIRED you today!!?? 
THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by and I hope you have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!!
 

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA  🌸

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness... this is SO PRETTY!! Love the way you've colored the hummingbird!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)