Monday, May 25, 2015

Paper Trey Ink May Blog Hop ~ Softies!! =)

Pin It
Blog-hop-logo
Blog Hop Inspiration
Hello!!
I'm stopping in to share the CUTE Softies I/we made over the Memorial Day Weekend!! It has been a CRAZY Weekend!! Your PRAYERS would be GREATLY Appreciated for one of my Sister's as she has been Diagnosed with a RARE form of MS this weekend!! Luckily, they don't see any Lesions on her Brain, but she has two of them on her Spinal Column and has been getting Steroids via IV to help with the Pain, Numbness and Tingling from her waist down!! She will be going to the Mayo Clinic for more testing and a Definite Diagnosis!! THANKS I appreciate it and I know she will too!! =)
So with LOTS of Activities and Driving Time we made SOFTIES!! I had each of the Kiddos Draw out what they wanted and the colors that they wanted them and then I cut out ALL of the Pieces!! FEW~was that a job!! Luckily, they were patient and MAN was it worth it!! We ended up with some PRETTY CUTE and AMAZING Little Softies!! I just LOVE how kids come up with such AWESOME Designs!! They each had their own Ideas so not a single one turned out the same!! (They have an Uncle in the Secret Service so the one was designed after him!!) I LOVE that you can pretty much create ANYTHING you can dream up and  these Kiddos Proved that here with their Designs!! =) SO EVEN though my projects really don't have ANYTHING to do with the Water Color part of the Challenge, I thought that the Blocks of Colored Fabric/Felt that we used to create them counted as part of the Challenge Right!!??  =)
If you have ANY Questions about how I did anything for creating our different Softies just leave a comment and I will get back to you!! I used EVERYTHING from the Design a Softie Quick Stitch Kit except for the Ears on Mickey Mouse, I used some MFT Cross Stitched Circle Dies, the Little Bow on the Purple Hippo is from Paper Smooches and the Star Badge on the Secret Service Panda is from Paper Smooches too!! I also used several of the PTI Felt Colors, but I've also used some Felt from MFT and Taylored Expressions too!! I just LOVE the way they ALL turned out!! =) I stitched Parts of the Tiger for Beckett he LOVED making this and helped me to Design the Stripes by using the Back of the Collar Die!! He said he didn't care if the holes came out of the strips either because on a real Tiger their Stripes aren't solid anyway!! =) Considering their Ages, I think they all did an AMAZING Job with these!! =) The Videos that Erin Lincoln shared HELPED them a TON!! I think we watched them half a dozen times til' everyone got the hang of it!! Now my Sister-In-Law Deb wasn't quit as impressed!! =( However, she's a VERY Talented Seamstress so I think these weren't quiet up to her standards!! They ALL had a BLAST though and I think just the CREATIVE PROCESS ALONE is something FUN for them!! Kinda like building a Puzzle!! Infact my Niece Meghan has already said she wants to Save her money to buy this Kit so she can make these for her Birthday Party with her Friends!! HOW AWEASOME will that be!!?? =)
(Shown: Tiger, Purple Hippo, Secret Service Panda, and Mickey Mouse!!)
(Not Shown: A Pink Fox, A Green Dragon, a Sun Flower and a Daisy Flower Babies!!)

Here's a Couple Pictures of us and the Kiddos from Laura's Confirmation!! Can you guess who made/designed what Softie!!??  =)
(Megan-11, Laura-13, Greyson-2, Beckett 8, Blaze 6, Anna -8)
 
THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by and I hope you have a FABULOUS MEMORIAL DAY WEEK!!
COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

13 comments:

  1. Larissa, your family is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing them with all of us. And just look at those adorable softies! WOW! Blessings to you and your family. Will be praying for your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post of family photos and fun, Larissa, and what fabulous softies!! I'm sorry to hear about your sister and I will definitely add her to my prayer list. Big hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO SORRY to hear this news about your sister Larissa. She will be in my prayers. Thanks for sharing these cute little softies and the family photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet, Larissa! Looks like everyone had a great time! And I'll totally keep your sister in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute softies. I am sorry to hear about your sister, and I hope that her health improves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Larissa, this is so adorably sweet!

    So sorry to hear about your sister.
    I said a prayer on her behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh these little guys are so so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Larissa, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister...thinking of her and your family!

    What a bunch of fun projects! Love them all and the photo of your gorgeous kids!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister Larissa, I'm sending hugs and prayers to your family :) Your softies are adorable!! What fun they look like to make! I'm sure you all had a ball with those! Such cute photos of your family too! Congrats on your daughter's confirmation :) And as always, thanks so much for the very sweet comments on my blog ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Each of those sofites has a unique personality that shines through!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry to hear about your sister, my prayers are with her! Lovely softie!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)