Thursday, April 30, 2015

Water Colored Hot Air Balloon ~ 12 Tags of 2015 April!!

Pin It

mainimage
Click here to enter our current challenge and win some Wow! Embossing Powders!!
Hello!!
I'm stopping in to share the Tag I've made for a Couple Challenges!! =)
I'm joining in on the 12 Tags of 2015 April with Tim Holtz and the WOW Embossing Powder Challenge!! After looking through my Tim Holtz Stamp Stash I realized that I didn't have ANY Flower Images!! =( SO SAD!! I looked through the Images I had and took into consideration that Water Coloring was the Challenge this month so I finally chose the Hot Air Balloon!! It seemed like the PERFECT Image to Water Color and it also fit the WOW Embossing Powder Challenge Theme Rainbow!! =) I Stamped and Embossed my Image onto some Distress Water Color Paper using the WOW Clear Embossing Powder!! I then used my Distress Markers to Water color the Image and I LOVE the way it turned out!! I cut it down and Stitched it to a Tag that I sprayed with Brushed Corduroy Distress Stain!! I Distressed the edges and I felt like I needed something else for my Tag!?? After looking through my Stash I finally decided to Die Cut a Butterfly from the New Tim Holtz & Sizzix Bigz/Texture Fades Butterfly Duo Die and Embossing Folder!! I Die Cut it once from some Heavy Cardstock and then again from some Wax Paper that I use to do my Spray Misting on!! =) I thought it would make a BEAUTIFUL Butterfly Layer!! I Embossed both Die Cuts the Cardstock Butterfly was Inked with Black Soot Distress Ink and then covered with WOW Clear Embossing Powder!! I Covered the Wax Paper Butterfly with Versa Mark Ink and then used some WOW Limited Edition Sierra Sunset Glitter Embossing Powder!! I think this is my FAVORITE WOW Embossing Powder!! Then I added some Black Ink and covered it with WOW Clear Embossing Powder!! SQUEAL!! I LOVE how it turned out and I'll be using this Technique for more Butterflies!! =) I wanted to add something to the Center of the Butterfly and decided to use the Tim Holtz & Sizzix Crescent Moon and Stars Bigz Die to cut some Stars!! They made the PERFECT Embellishment!! The Second Photo was taken in the Sunlight to try and capture how BEAUTIFUL the Glitter is in the Embossing Powder!! SWOON!! =)
THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by and I hope you have a Fabulous Week!!
COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

2 comments:

  1. The first thing that popped into my head when I saw this beautiful balloon was The Wizard of Oz!! Amazing as always Larissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever so pretty, and so deliciously colorful! Love the sparkled and shine!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)