Monday, April 9, 2012

The Don't Throw It Away Challenge!! =)

Pin It


Over on the Moxie FabWorld Blog here:
http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2012/03/practical-solutions-for-paper-crafters_22.html
We were challenged to use our items that we don't want to throw away!!
I am REALLY bad about cutting up my patterned papers and then saving the different images that are on them. I have a WHOLE stack of different decorative paper pieces that have been cut up and I can't seem to throw them away because of the FUN Images that are on them and I have ALWAYS had the intention of using them on cards or other projects and then I end up just using NEW pieces of paper instead of using my scraps. I also have a collection of embossed images that I have stamped and embossed. When I am stamping and embossing I ALWAYS stamp SEVERAL images at once that way if I need them or mess one up I have a few extras ready to use!! I keep them in an envelope and I am trying to use them so when this challenge came up I decided to use a combination of things from several of my stash piles!!

 Here is what I came up with!! =)

The decorative paper is from House of Three and Pink Paislee collection and I had put it in my stash because I KNEW I couldn't throw it away!! I had a couple punched border pieces that I had lying around and I added them for more texture. I had the mini rose trim piece in my stash and it was the perfect size for the card!! I then added a MME wooden butterfly and added one of the embossed doilies that I had left over from another project I had worked on!! I added a MME cardstock brad to the center and it finished the card off perfectly!!
I LOVE that I was able to make such a CUTE card with mostly scrap pieces from my stash that I just couldn't throw away because of how cute they were!! =) I ended up making a whole set of cards and gave them away for EASTER!! I hope you'll look at your supplies and find a FUN way to use those items that you just CAN'T THROW AWAY!!
THANKS for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

1 comments:

Cath said...

Hey Larissa! Thanks for linking this up to the Don't Throw It Away Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Post a Comment

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)