Thursday, November 28, 2013

Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #05!! =)

Pin It

Inky Paws Sketch Challenge #5 for Newton's Nook Designs
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
I wanted to stop in and share some cards I have mmade using some of the New Stamps from Newton's Nook Designs!! I just can't get enough of these images they are so CUTE!! =)
I have two cards to share with you today and hopefully if you're not already in the Holiday Spirit (!!??) these will get you there~!!??  =)
The first card I made using the Sketch for the New Inky Paws Challenge #05!!  I had so mush FUN Creating this little scene and playing around with the Snow Day, Frozen Friends, and Winged Wishes stamp sets!!
Snow Day Stamp Set by Newton's Nook Designs     Frozen Friends Stamp Set by Newton's Nook Designs
Winged Wishes Stamp Set by Newton's Nook Designs
I combined parts from all of them to create my card for the challenge!!
 



 
I decided to make a Sweet Little Couple of Snow Shoe Hare's!! I just LOVE these little cutties and in the winter we have a TON of these guys around the farm!! It's always so FUN to see them!! I also wanted to dress them up so I used the Hat and the Scarf from the Penguin and then I created a Snowflake Bow for the Girl Hare using the Heart Snowflake!! I stamped them out and then fussy cut them and they fit perfectly onto the images!! I also added some Fun Fluff for their tummies and I think it finished them off perfeclty!! I die cut a Rectangle from the Lil' Inker Design's Stiched Dies and I made a FUN little snow scene and stamped some of the snowflakes and the little hearts in the background using Memory Box Forst White Ink!! I added some Distress Glitter for the Snow Bank and the Snowflake centers and I LOVE the way it came together!! For the Banner I used Vellum and Stamped and embossed it in White Embossing Powder!! I also added the Hearts Border at the Bottom using Sticky Stuff and some Distress Glitter!! I wanted something for the space so it didn't seem so bare and this was the Perfect touch!! After looking at it I wish I would have stamped two of these images and went all the way across the bottom of the card, but I wasn't thinking I wanted to do that at the time!! Oh well I still LOVE the way it looks!!
For my second card I wanted to create a One-Layer Card!!??
I stared by stamping out the Images onto some Water Color Paper and then I used my Faber- Castell Aquarelle Water Color Pencils to color them in!!  I decided to go ahead and Paper Piece the hats and Scarves and then I added some Gloves to the little Bear!! I stamped the Snowflakes and added some Distress Glitter for the centers!! I found these mini mini wiggly eyes while we were in Kearney and just knew I had to add these to make them come alive even more!! OMG they are so CUTE!! I used Black Liquid Pearls for the buttons and then I added a Distress Glitter Snow Bank!!
So although I added a few little dimensional touches this card is all one layer stamped images!!




 
I stamped on the inside and still left some space for my handwritten message!!
So I hope you have a FABULOUS THANSGIVING DAY/WEEKEND and that these cards have helped in getting you into the Holiday Spirit if you weren't already!! THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by and if you're looking for more Inspiration I hope you'll stop by the Challenge Post to see all of the other AMAZING Entries!!
 
COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA  =) 

6 comments:

  1. Eeeee...Larissa, you've worked magic with these stamps! LOVE the show-shoe hare couple and your trio of snowy critters on the snowbank! Brilliant scenes, amazing colouring. HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your family! May your day be filled with family, friends, celebration and love!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so DARLING, Larissa!! And really clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super adorable!!! Love those little "hoppers" in their big snowshoes...so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MY GOODNESS!!! How cute are these little critters!!! Darling creations Larissa, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super duper adorable, Larissa! Really love the embossed, vellum pennant on the first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Larissa! Those cards are really Adorable! I absolutely LOVE the pair of snow shoe hares! So cute how you dressed them! And the Snow critters with the glitter snow is so cute too! Thanks so much for playing along again with our Inky Paws Challenge at Newton's Nook Designs!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)