Friday, November 30, 2012

Cardinal Love!!

Pin It
I wanted to stop in and share another FUN card I made for the November Essentials Challenge over on the Stampendous Blog!! I used the Jumbo Cardinal stamp that I won on their blog last month and I LOVE the way it looks!! I wanted to see how many of the Fran-ta`ge Products I could use and I was actually able to use atleast one from each category!! =)  I LOVE the way it looks!! First I stamped and then colored the image with my Faber-Castell colored pencils!! I added shading to make it come to life!! Then I cut the image out!! I used a versa-mark marker to go around the female cardinal first (the yellow/orange one) and then used the Aged Ochre Embossing Enamel to cover it!! Then I went around the male cardinal and covered it with the Aged Scarlet Embossing Enamel!! I heat embossed them and then went around the Holly leaves and covered them with the Aged Hunter Embossing Enamel!! I heat embossed them and then covered the berries with some Helmar Gemstone Glue and covered it with the Red Crushed Glass Glitter!! I sat them aside and worked on my card base!! I used Core`dinations light green cardstock and then a white piece and then a blue piece that I stamped with a definition stamp by Memory Box!! I then used my versa-mark marker again and scribbled on the blue cardstock just randomly to make sure that the Aged Gold Embossing Enamel would stick really well!! I then sprinkled on some Leaf Green Fragments, Green Crushed Glass Glitter and Tarnished Mica Fragments and heat embossed it all form the bottom side of the cardstock as to not blow all of the pieces off!! I LOVE the way it looks!! I was going for a dense tree feeling and I think it totally worked!! I then added foam adhesive squares to the back of the cardinal piece and added it to the center of my card base!! It was a FUN card to make and I actually made a couple that I can't wait to give away this Holiday Season!! I KNOW they will be cherished!!
Here are some pictures of my finished card!!



THANKS for stopping by and to see the other AWESOME cards I made for the challenge just scroll down to the next post!! =)  Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
             LARISSA  =)

1 comment:

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)