Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #132!! =)

Pin It

YEAH!! I was SO EXCITED when I saw the color palette for this weeks challenge!! I have been LOVING Mustard Yellow for the last two years!! =) Then when you mix it with black and white well I am a HUGE FAN!! =) I hope you'll go and check out all of the AMAZING INSPIRATION over on The Play Date Cafe Blog.

 
I also wanted to play along with The Doilies and Lace Challenge over on the Moxie Fab World Blog where I was INSPIRED by this BEAUTIFUL card made by Windy Robinson which was featured in the Card Creations, Volume 10  Magazine.  I LOVED the way that the lace stamp covered the label and I decided to pull out my May Arts Lace and play!! I thought it would be Fun to see if I could use REAL lace to come up with a background!!

So I decided to go on the classic side with my design!! I have LOTS of weddings this summer and I knew this would be a FUN color palette for a wedding card!! So here is what I came up with!! =)




While going through my Prima Beauties I stumbled across this one and I KNEW it was Perfect!! It wanted to make it more of a mustard color so I sprayed it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and then added Tim Holtz Distress Stickles in Mustard Seed to the edges!! I LOVE the way it looks!! Then I added some of the New Maya Road Measuring Tape ribbon and a Prima Wooden Button!! I also added a Making Memories Stick Pin!! I then used some May Arts Burlap Twine and wrapped it up behind the flower!! I used a stamp set from The Craft's Meow Telegram Set for the sentiment and added it to my card base!! For the card base I decided what would be more fitting for a wedding than LACE!! So after looking through my stash of May Arts Lace I chose this one and decided to make a weaved design with it!! I LOVE the way it turned out!! To make it pop I added it to a black core`dinations cardstock card base.
May Arts Ribbon Wednesday Video
I also made a video for my May Arts Ribbon Wednesday Weekly Video Series showing a couple different ways to use lace for a card background!! You can view it here along with the other card photos!! ENJOY!! =)




Here are the Laces that I used: (omitting #390-38-09)
They can be found in order from right to left here: Amazon
I hope you'll give one of these FUN techniques a try and if you do I hope you'll leave me a link to your project so I can check it out!! THANKS for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

COUNTRY-HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA  =)

3 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, girl! LOVE that glittered, dimensional flower, and the color palette of your second is one of my absolute faves! You should link these up to the Doilies & Lace Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Larissa, what a really terrific idea to weave lace as your card front! It's different, unique, and has elegant country charm. :) LOVE the idea! And your flower has more oomph thanks to the little glamorized treatment from you. ;)

Thanks so much for playing with us at The Cafe, and have a great week!

(and THANK YOU so much for becoming a follower at my blog; you always leave me the nicest comments and I appreciate every one, I really do)

Kelly said...

Gorgeous!! I love all of the texture on you cards :)

Post a Comment

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)