Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #127!! =)

Pin It


What a FUN challenge using the colors of
Daffodil...Hydrangea...Kiwi...Cherry
You can check it out here: http://theplaydatecafe.blogspot.com/2012/04/play-date-cafe-pdcc127.html
I wanted to make a Graduation card for one of my cousins so this gave me the PERFECT jumping of point!! I also had a package of Maya Road chipboard shapes that consisted of umbrellas and I pulled them out to look at them and a hot air balloon came to mind!! I covered the chipboard umbrellas with Helmar's Gemstone glue and used some red mica glitter to cover them!! I them added a stamped boarder piece of cardstock to the center of the chipboard and added some brads for a bit of contrast!!
I then added a ribbon and some buttons in all of the colors the the center of the bow!! For the card base I cut up stripes of decorative paper and made a fun diagonal striped base!! I then used a patterned piece to the top base of the card!! to make it look like the sky!! I added a banner to the top of the balloon by stamping a Paper Trey Ink sentiment the says "ENJOY the Moment".
Here are some photos!!


I think my cousin will LOVE it!! THANKS for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA  =)

3 comments:

  1. This is ever so cute, Larissa! That big, glittery balloon is the BEST! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and fab card for this week's challenge in The Cafe! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun & imaginative! Congrats on your PDCC shout out!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)