Monday, February 13, 2012

Cool Tools: Around the House Challenge!! =)

While I was cleaning my scrap room my 5yr. old son Beckett decided to help!!  =)
He started shredding several of my SAVE pile pieces of Decorative 12x12 papers instead of just the throw away pile!! 
I was caught off guard and decide to save them even though they were all shredded up!! Turns out that the paper shredder is actually a pretty COOL TOOL for creating paper pieced works of art!!
Well once this challenge was posted I knew it was meant to be!!
I actually used several products that I had just laying around that I needed to use!! I even used several other COOL TOOLS that I found just laying around the house~~an old flip flop that I used for stamping to add texture to my canvas, an old credit card for spreading my paint to make the grass at the bottom of my canvas, and old nail that I found in my husbands parts drawer for adding scratched circles into the canvas and several other COOL TOOLS that I haven't mentioned!!
Here is what I came up with~~



 
I am ALWAYS inspired by the works of Christy Tomlinson and if you have NEVER heard of her or her classes you'll have to go and check her blog out here: http://christytomlinson.typepad.com/
She is SO AWESOME!! I was lucky enough to go and take a live and in person class with her at SPARK this year and she is just as sweet as she seems on her blog!!
She teaches AMAZING on-line classes-I have taken them ALL and I would recommend them to anyone who would like to learn more about Mixed Media!!

So anyway THANKS for stopping by and don't forget to visit the Moxie Fab World Blog here:
http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2012/01/cool-tools-week-around-house-challenge.html
for TONS of INSPIRATION!! Have a FABULOUS VALENTINE'S WEEK!! =)

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
            LARISSA  =)




4 comments:

  1. wow I totally LOVE THIS...so awesome...I love mixed media art...you created a wonderful scene...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A VERY cool tool, indeed! Your creation is absolutely marvelous. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So artistic, Larissa! This is quite a work of art! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Larissa, I just LOVE your mixed media collage! CLEVER way to use a paper shredder!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)