Wednesday, February 29, 2012

12 TAGS OF 2012!! =)

Today I decided to play along with Tim Holtz and the 12 Tags of 2012!!
Here is the link if you need Inspiration or want to play along!!
http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/02/12-tags-of-2012-a-new-direction.html#more

Here is the tag that Tim shared~~
DSC03001Here are the tags I came up with!!


For this first tag I used Tim's New Easter Die by Sizzix and cut the butterfly out of grunge board, and two pieces of cardstock. I sprayed all three with Glimmer mist in butternut squash and the stamped on one of the cardstock pieces and used crackle paint in rose and spiced marm. I then used the butterfly movers and shapers die and cut a piece of honeycomb paper in bright pink. I cut the butterfly in half and attached it to the larger butterfly center. I folded the butterfly to give it even more dimension and I LOVE how it turned out!! For the base of the tag I die cut a doily using Tim's doily edger die. I then used modeling paste that I died with some metallic paint and used the die cut for a stencil. I also used a heart doily die from sizzix and repeated the same process on another tag. Once they were dry I layered them to create my background after I stamped using the large background paris stamp by Tim Holtz. I inked the background with Distress inks (Vintage rose,  Worn Lipstick and Ripened Persimon) I attached the butterfly and added some silk ribbon by May Arts Ribbon that I inked and sprayed with tattered angels glimmer mist!!



For the second tag I used the die cut doily that I used for the stencil on the first tag. I coated the whole thing with modeling paste and then stamped on it using Tim's script stamp. I cut a piece of Tim's core`dinations cardstock for the tag base and ran it through his embossing folder then used distress inks and Inkagold to define the design even more. I LOVE how it turned out. I then distressed the edges and attached it to the tag base. I die cut the maniquin and attached the honeycomb paper after I inked it up. I rapped May Arts Burlap twine around the spool and embossed the buttons and added twine to the centers. I attached a memo pin and stamped a sentiment from The Craft's Meow NEW Sew Stamp Set. I LOVE this NEW stamp set. I then attached everything to the tag and added a silk May Arts Ribbon to the top with a Tim Holtz garmet pin.
I had a BLAST playing along with the challenge and can't wait for the next challenge!!

THANKS for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA  =)

2 comments:

  1. Larissa, I never received the prize I won on your blog before Christmas. Have tried to email you a few times but no response. Can you please email me?
    DeniseB
    deniseb777ATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your sewing tag...great background and I really like the colors you chose. Nice job getting ink on the dress form; I had a really trouble with that. Wonder what he has for us in March? Enjoy

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)