Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #89!! =)

Welcome to this week's challenge 
at The Play Date Cafe!
This week, it's soft and subtle with the
Jax's suggested colors of....
Mint...Buttercream...Taupe
Here is what I came up with!! =)
This is my first time to play with this challenge!!
 I used mistable canvas paper from Prima to make my flower and the leaves!!
I painted the leaves with a mint acrylic paint and then used Ranger perfect pearls on top!!
I painted the flowers with cream and then used a pixie dust blingz paint on top!! The glimmer of the flower in real life is just stunning!! I used a Tim Holtz button with a mint gel for the center of the flower. Then I used a stamp on Core`dinations cardstock and frayed the edges. I glued it to a Taupe ribbon and then added two cream jute bows on either side and added pearls to the center of the jute!!
I LOVE the way that it turned out!! The base strip paper is a Webster's Pages paper and it is a Mint, and Taupe stripped paper on a cream base!! It was PERFECT for this challenge!! I then used a darker brown behind it to make it pop!! THANKS for stopping by and have a FABULOUS DAY!! =)

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo! That flower is AMAZING! And that's not to say anything about your velvet ribbon! So many great textures! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, LOVE first time players! So glad you found us because that flower is out of this world amazing! The frayed edges add so much dimension to your card. thank you so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe and look forward to seeing your work around again.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)