Monday, June 27, 2011

Sketch Challenge Crate Paper!! =)

The Sketch Challenge--June 2011 Edition

Welcome to the June Sketch Challenge! I am really excited to see what everyone does with this sketch, it's a bit different in that there's not a specific place for a photo. You get to decide where the photo goes, I had an idea, but wanted to leave it open to interpretation. It was fun to see what the team did with the sketch, so I know you all won't disappoint me either. I am loving bakers' twine, so I added some of that and some pinked circle tags to draw your eye down the page finish it off. Here are the rules as always, please note the due date has been moved back just a bit to allow more time for creating!
  • You have until midnight (MDT) Sunday the 26th to work on the sketch. 
  • Projects must use at 50% Crate Paper products, new releases are not required.
  • Sketch can be a layout, cards, tags, or other project, just make sure they are newly created for the challenge.
  • Scan/Photograph your project (you needn't send detail shots) and send it to info@cratepaper.com. Please try to size your project to 600 x 600.
  • Remember to send it in, don't simply link it on this post. You're welcome to link it, but it will only be considered an entry if you send it in.
  • If you share a link to your blog, I'll be sure to include that if you're the winner or in the top 5.
  • Winner will be selected based on quality or invention of work. I will send my top 5 to the Crate Paper office, then they'll choose one winner to be announced on Wednesday the 29th. I'll share some of my favorites with you at that time too.
Here's the sketch:
June[Stitches from Tia Bennett's Spool of Stitches from http://crate.typepad.com/cratepaper/sketch-challenge/www.twopeasinabucket.com, all other designs copyright mlepitts designs 2011]
Here is my Layout!! =) I used the photo of me holding my niece on the day she was born!! =)


 I wanted to use the Portrait Collection!! I LOVE the colors and the patterns and thought they matched well with the photo!! I also used some of the Neighborhood collection and mixed in some border stickers and chipboard pieces!! =)
I punched out 21/2 in. scallop circles and then scored them to fold them into squares to make a quilted pattern, kinda like a blanket. I then added a punched bored and a sticker border to make a frame around the scalloped squares. Then added some stickers to the photo and placed it on top of the quilted design. I then took some of the mist`able canvas butterflies from prima and spayed them with glimmer mist to add to the layout and used jute to make a flight pattern. I then added chipboard butterflies to the centers of the butterflies.
THANKS for stopping by and have a FABULOUS DAY!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)