Friday, October 9, 2020

Glow-in-the-Dark Batty Boo Card with Newton's Nook Designs!!

Pin It
HELLO CRAFTY FRIENDS!! 
I'm up on the Newton's Nook Blog today sharing a really FUN Glow-in-the-Dark Card with you today!! 
Halloween in closing in FAST and I've been playing around with the Process to find the BEST results, and I've finally found a way to create a BIG WOW Factor!! 
I LOVE how this turned out and I can't wait to share how I've created it!! Let's get to it!! 
I LOVE trying NEW Techniques and I created this FUN Background using Distress Oxide Inks on a Back Card Panel using the NEW Spiderweb Stencil!! You can find ALL of the Details HERE!! I don't like to WASTE all of that Ink on my Stencils, so I placed it over a SSS Fog Cardstock Card Panel and Applied some Therm O Web Deco Foil Duo Gel using a Stencil Pal!! The Ink will mix with the Gel and fill in the NEW Spiderweb Stencil Design and instead of Drying Clear like it normally does it'll dry with a BEAUTIFUL Color to it, which when used on its on makes a STUNNING Background with TONS of texture!! SWOON!! 
The MAGIC Happens when you apply the WoW Glow-in-the-Dark Embossing Powder right to the Wet Get!! Apply the Powder over the Wet Gel and then remove the excess Powder carefully just by holding it upright over a piece of copy paper so you can collect all of the excess Powder to put back into your Jar!! Then set the Panel aside to Dry completely!! Once it's dry use you Heat Tool to heat set the Powder!! This is what the Panel will look like once you've heat set the Powder!! 
I Stamped and Embossed the NEW Batty Newton Image and colored it in using Copic Markers!! Batty Newton: N0, N2, N4, N6 & N8    CheeksR11  Then I Die Cut it out using the coordinating NEW Batty Newton Die Set!! I Stamped and Embossed the Bat Images also from the Set in Black Onyx Ink and Embossed with WoW Neutral Ultra Shimmer Embossing Powder!! Then I Die Cut them out!! I also Stamped and Embossed the Boo Sentiment Bubble from the Boo Hoo Stamp Set!! I Stamped with Vera Fine Black Onyx Ink and Embossed with the WoW Glow-in-the-Dark Embossing Powder so it would Glow too!! EEEKKK!! I just LOVE making interactive Halloween Cards!! I Die Cut it out using the coordinating Boo Hoo Dies!! 
I adhered the Stenciled Card Panel onto a SSS Black Cardstock Scalloped rectangle Die Cut from the Frames & Flags Die Set!! Then I adhered it to my White Cardbase using some Fun Foam!!  I adhered the Batty Newton Image using some Gina K Designs Foam Squares only applying them to the center so I could fold up the Wings to make him really appear to by Flying!! I adheres the other Bats with Ultra Bond Adhesive just to the center of their Bodies, again so I could pop up their wings to make them appear to be flying!! Then I added an Iridescent Black Pearl from Studio Katia to the center of them for some Sparkle!! 
 I also created a coordinating Envelope using a TE Lavender Glaze Envelope and Inking the NEW Spiderweb Stencil in Black Soot Distress Ink!! I also added some Picket Fence Distress Splatters and I LOVE the way this set turned out!!
Here's the Design GLOWING in the Dark!! How AWESOME is that!!?? You should of seen me as I SQUEALED in EXCITMENT with how AWESOME and BLOD it turned out!! My BOYS LOVE too!! Infact it's in Greyson's Room on his Self so he can look at it ever night as he drifts off to sleep!! He called it his Halloween Decoration!! πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’š

THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by today and I hope I've INSPIRED you to create some Stenciled and Glow-in-the-Dark Backgrounds for your Halloween Cards!! TRUST me the Recipients will LOVE them!! 
Have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! 

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA  πŸ’—

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card! I can just imagine the recipient getting a secondary thrill when they see it glowing in the dark!! Great idea and creativity ‼️πŸΎπŸ™€

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun Larissa, what a great background!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)