Friday, March 31, 2017

Welcome to the Neighborhood with Cas-ual Fridays CFC170 No Dies Allowed Challenge!! =)

Pin It


I wanted to stop in and share a card I have created for the CAS-UAL Fridays CFC170 No Dies Allowed Challenge!! I had PLAY ALONG when I saw the FUN Challenge they were having and to tryout for the Design Team Call they're having for their Challenge Team too!!


HELLO!!
I‘m stopping in to share the card that I have made for the CAS-UAL Fridays CFC170 No Dies Allowed Challenge !!  =) There are SEVERAL Amazing entries already, so I hope you‘ll head over and check them all out!! After I looked through my stash I decided to use the Home Sweet Home Stamp Set!! I just LOVE  the Sweet Images and I thought it would be FUN to create a card for the Newly Wed couple that are building a New Home just down the country road from us!! We live near a Bluff that was actually an Indian Hunting Site and we have found SEVERAL Arrowheads and Pottery pieces and things over the years!! So the Tee Pee Scene felt right for several reasons!!

I'm using Two different types of Masking for this Card!! One with Masking Tape for my Stamping, and the other using a Liquid Masking so I can WaterColor my Background!! I started with a piece of Tim Holtz WaterColor Paper and I stamped the center Tee Pee then I Masked off the Tee Pee in the Center first so I could stamp the other two on either side then I Masked them all!! I took the Grass Image from the Bottle It Up Stamp Set and stamped them on the sides of the Masked Tee Pee's to ground everything!! I then took the Masks off and applied another Masking of Rubber Cement over the Tee Pees and the Grass!! I let it dry completely and then I took my Distress Markers and my Acrylic Blocks and created several Watercolors for my card!!! I find it works better and the colors all blend better if I have the Watercolors that I want to use ready to go rather than having to mix them as I go!! Sometimes the area will be dry before I add the next color and they don't blend as much as I'd like them too, so this way I can just paint and I don't have to stop to mix colors in between!! =) I started with the ground and after I had it the way I liked it I sprinkled it with some Table Salt!! I learned this in school and let it dry!! It dries with a REALLY AWESOME Textured look and it reminds me of the soil here!!  Then I colored the sky and I LOVE the mixture I got here!! Looks like a real cloud filled sky!! I let that dry and then I was ready to remove the Rubber Cement Masks!! I was left with my Perfect White Tee Pee's!! I wanted to leave them white, but added color to the details of the Tee Pees so I picked three of my Favorite Color Combos and I Watercolored the rest of the scene!! I even added some shading with Pumice Stone Distress Ink Watercolor to the Tee Pees and then I just had to add some Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Marker to the Colored parts of the Tee Pee's!! I REALLY LOVE the way this turned out!!!!  SQUEAL!! =)
Don't you just LOVE that moment when you put ALOT of work into something and in the end you look at it and just get EXCITED!!??  SQUEAL!!   =)
THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by and I hope you have a Fabulous Weekend!!
I'm also linking up to the

 on the TheDailyMarkerBlog!!
COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSESS
LARISSA   =)

2 comments:

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)