Sunday, November 29, 2015

Paper Smooches November Monthly Challenge ~ Gold Peace on Earth Holiday Card!! =)

Pin It

Hello!!
I'm stopping in to share a card I've made for the New/First Paper Smooches Monthly Challenge!! The November Challenge is: GOLD - incorporate gold somewhere on your project!! 
I started by using one of my Favorite Paper Smooches Holiday Stamp Sets called "A Blessed Christmas"!! I LOVE EVERYTHING about this set and have SO MANY Ideas with the Images/Sentiments in the Set!! Now if I only had an EXTRA 4-6 Hours in a Day to be able to make them ALL!! HAHAHAHA!! =) Here's the Set in ALL of its Glory!! (See what I mean!!??)

I wanted to use the Angel Image and I wanted to give her some Dimension by making the Wings 3-D!! I LOVE to add dimension to my cards and this was SUPER easy to do just by stamping and cutting the Wings out a couple different times!!  I cut the entire Wing Section out and then cut just the Large Single Wing Image out making sure to color around the edge of the Wings with a Black Soot Distress Marker to give them a seamless and finished look once all of the pieces were layered together!! I used my Color Pencils and Gamsol to color in my Angel and then I added some Rock Candy Distress Glitter to the Gold Metallic Wings for some added Sparkle!! I Die Cut a Stitched Frame 1 Die Cut from some White Neenah Solar Cardstock and Stamped and Embossed the Holy Star Image using some Ranger Gold Embossing Powder!! Then to make it POP I stamped over it again off setting the Star alittle bit this time using my Versa Fine Black Ink and I LOVE the way it looks!! I added some Clear Embossing Powder over the Top just to finish it off and to make sure that I didn't end up with a smudge from Ink transfer!! =) I then took some Vellum and a White Neenah Solar Cardstock Panel and stitched across the top with my Sewing Machine and some Gold Metallic Thread!! I then Masked my Sentiment so I could repeat the same Gold Embossing Powder treatment to the Peace Word and then I Stamped the rest of the sentiment in plain Versa Fine Black Ink and again covered it with Ranger Clear Embossing Powder to make sure I didn't have any Ink smears!! I added some Clear Crystal Pretty Pink Posh Sequins in 4mm size along with some Gold Sequins from Hazel and Ruby!! I LOVE the little bit of extra Sparkle and FUN that they add and my Card was finished!!
THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by and I hope you have a FABULOUS WEEK!!

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Larissa!! I like the special details you added with the stitching, glitter and sequins!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)