Sunday, June 7, 2015

Father's Day Card w/ Paper Smooches ~ Royally Handsome/Funny!!?? =)

Pin It


HELLO!!
I'm stopping in to share a card I've made for my Father-In-Law for Father's Day!! =) I'm playing along with the New Paper Smooches SPARKS Anything Goes Challenge and their Guest Designer Search Challenge for the month of July!! When I first saw the New Daddy Yo Stamp Set from Paper Smooches I just had to Laugh!! (In a GOOD WAY!!) The saying THANKS for the Good Looks has been used in several different forms since I have known Adam (my husband) and his Family!! =) How PERFECT was this going to be for a Father's Day Card!!?? Plus, with us now having two VERY Handsome Sons (if I do say so my self) =) of our own it makes it even more Perfect!! =) I also thought it would be FUN to use the Cute (Handsome) Frog Image from the Royal Cuteness Stamp Set and the Cut it out using Coordinating Royal Icons Die Set as the Focal Image!! Greyson and Beckett both LOVE Frogs and living on a Farm that located in the Creek Bottom makes them a HUGE Part of our Lives too!! Infact since it has been raining pretty much everyday//night I wish you could hear how AWESOME they sound!! It's like a Symphony of Frogs Croaking Morning and Night and you'd think we were living on the Salt Marsh somewhere instead of in S.W Corner of Nebraska on a Farm in the Creek Bottom!! We LOVE IT!! =) I decided to use Copic Markers to color in my Frog and SQUEAL I LOVE the way it turned out!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE to color and ALWAYS have!! I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY New to Copics, but the more I get to practice and use them the more I FALL in LOVE with them!! Makes me want to Color EVERYDAY!! =) I then wanted to really make him come ALIVE so I decided to add a Mustache and a Bow Tie also from the New Daddy Yo Stamp Set!! Mark has a FULL Beard so I thought this would be close to emulating that and although, he'd NEVER be caught dead with a Bow Tie (HAHAHAHA) I thought it finished him off and it made me and the Boys SMILE!! Plus, the reaction we're going to get from Mark when he sees it!! LOL is going to be WORTH IT!!  =) I also stamped the Row of Stars also from the Set and then used the Hot Spots SM Set 1 Dies Star Border Die to Die Cut a Couple Larger Stars in the same Gold Color and it just really makes a statement and draws your eyes into the Center of the Card!! =) I Layered two of the Gift Tags 2 Dies using the Largest Stitched Tag Die Cuts together and then pulled the edges up alittle just to add some dimension!! A Burlap String finishes it off and then I layered it onto a Stripped Chevron Patterned Paper from the Chickaniddy's Scrumptios Collection and used the Stitched Border Dies to create a Stitched Grass Hill!! It Grounds the Tag/Image and I just know Mark is really going to get a Kick out of this Card!!
This Little BEAUTY was wanting a Photo!! =) Gotta LOVE when Nature tries to HELP!! She kept Landing on my Card and Finally I had to have Beckett come to the rescue!! He had FUN showing Greyson and I could just LISTEN to their LAUGHTER and EXCITMENT ALL DAY!! Just thought I'd share alittle Piece of HAPPINESS from our Neck of the Farm!! =)
I'm linking My Card up to several different challenge so I hope you'll Play Along too if you have some Time!! I'd LOVE to see what you come up with!! Just Click the Picture or the Challenge Title to be taken to the Link s you can JOIN In on the FUN!!  =)
challenge_graphic-June-650-2
The Daily Marker with Kathy Racoosin for her 30 Day Coloring Challenge!! =)

workitwedbanner
Work It Wednesday Challenge Theme: RAINBOW!!  =)

Simon Monday Challenge Blog
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge : Royal!!  =)

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge : Masculine!!  =)

THANKS SO MUCH for stopping and I hope you have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!!  =)
COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

3 comments:

  1. Goodness, is that frog ever cute! I love his mustache and your coloring is fabulous! So glad you played along this week! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card - love that image and fabulous layout.
    Thanks for sharing your creation with us in this week in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday masculine card challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so cute and adorable.Love the mustache on the frog. Thank you so much for participating in The 30 Day Coloring Challenge and I hope you will be up for the next one.
    Kathy/The Daily Marker

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)