Saturday, January 31, 2015

Gradient Challenge with Vanessa ~ Winnie & Walter !st Birthday Bash Challenges!! =)

Pin It





HELLO!!
I wanted to share this picture of our Sunrise here in Nebraska this morning!! It reminded me of this Challenge so I just had to share it with all of you!! =)
I wanted to stop in and share a few cards I have been creating for the Winnie & Walter 1st Birthday Bash Celebration!! =) I'm actually NEW to them, but I had purchased 2 of their Bold Sentiment Stamp Sets during the Holiday Sales so when I saw the FUN Challenges they were having I just KNEW I had to try and play along!! I made this card for the Gradient Challenge with Vanessa!!  I stamped my Sentiment using Versa-Fine Black Onyx Ink and then used Hero Arts Clear Embossing Powder to Emboss it onto a strip of Vellum!! I have been taking the Clean and Simple Card Making 4 with OnlineCardClasses.com and Jennifer McGuire shared a REALLY FUN Stitching Technique where she did some stitching to add Dimension!! I thought it would be FUN to try this idea on a Sentiment rather than an Image and I LOVE the way it turned out!! I also thought it would be FUN to do it in the Winnie & Walter Colors kinda mimicking a Rainbow Design!! I reversed the order though, just because I knew I wanted to have my stitched sentiment and some confetti coming from the Right side of my card and I thought having the Darker colors on the left side would help to balance out my card!! I think it did too!!?? I used the W&W The Big, the Bold, and the Happy Stamp Set!!
The Big, the Bold, and the Happy
I used a Piercing Tool to pierce a design and then used Embroidery Thread to follow my design!! I then embossed some Hearts and some Confetti and then I used Distress Ink in the Peacock Feathers, Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, and Picked Raspberry!! I used a Gradient affect for each of the colors and then sprinkled some water onto the panel to add extra dimension!!


























I added some of my Pretty Pink Posh 4mm Sequins and a few Clear Crystal Sequins in both 4mm & 6mm Simon Says Stamp!! Then I added my Stitched Vellum Sentiment Panel to my Card Base and added really thin Black Cardstock Strips for a seamless Design!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way it turned out!! I'd also like to try this only next time trying to add just a touch of the Distress Ink Colors for a more clean look!! =)

THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by and I hope you have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!!

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

1 comment:

  1. Ever so pretty, Larissa! Really love that inked background and the way you've mimicked the palette in your stitching! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)