Sunday, August 3, 2014

PTI Make it Monday Challenge~Butterfly Birthday Card!! =)

Pin It

Hello!!
I hope your Weekend has been going GREAT!!??
Mine has been a pretty hard one!! We have gotten some really HARD/SAD News to process!!
My M-I-L has lost her battle with Cancer and her Oncologist has told us that her Chemo Treatments are no longer yielding any results and that the Cancer has now spread to her Lungs and Bones!! She has little time left with us and we have been preparing for this last stage of the Cancer Process!! I would APPRECIATE ALL and ANY PRAYERS that you can send for her and our family during this difficult time/process!! I know she will be going to Heaven because she is the most AMAZING person with a TRUE Heart of GOLD!! I haven't met anyone else quit like her and I'm the most SAD for my Kiddos who will miss out on having her there for them to give her LOVE and support and to teach them her AMAZING kindness and that is the hardest thing for me to think about right now!! Anyway, THANKS SO MUCH for your Prayers it REALLY means a lot!! =)

I'm stopping in to share the card I've made for the Paper Trey Ink
Make It Monday #174: Diamond Wallpaper Stamping Challenge and the

Case Study #202 Challenge over on the Case Study Challenge Blog!!
I thought these challenges worked well together so here is what I came up with!! =)
We were challenged to use the Small Stamps in a set to create a Repeated Stamped Background that resembles a Wall Papered Design!! After looking through all of my PTI Stamps for something I could use, I decided to use a couple different stamps from the New PTI Note Niblets,  Life is Beautiful, and Phrase Play #5 Mini Stamp Sets!! I LOVED the idea of using a Solid Striped Patterned Paper and Stamping in between the Strips!! I repeated the Small Dot Stamp Pattern using some PTI Hibiscus Burst Ink!! I then decided to use the PTI Small Two Row Stitched Die from the PTI Coin Purse Pocket Dies Set!! I thought it would be FUN to add some stitching in between the rows rather than trying to add another small stamped image and I LOVE the way it turned out!! =) It was rather time consuming to die cut all of the stitching rows, but the end result was TOTALLY worth it!!
I Stitched some random X's using some Metallic Embroidery Thread and then I Die Cut the PTI Monthly Moments: Instant Photo 1 Die!! I added some Vellum to the Window opening and then I stamped and Embossed my Sentiment using some Ranger Platinum Embossing Powder!! I die cut several PTI Life is Beautiful Die Cuts from Black and Kraft Cardstock and some PTI Hibiscus Burst Felt!! I added some Metallic Silver Reinker Splatters to the Kraft Butterfly for a FUN touch of Sparkle!! Then I Layered them altogether and added a Black Button on top of a Pinked Circle Felt Die Cut!! I stitched the Black Button on using the same Metallic Silver Embroidery Thread!! I used Foam Tape to add the card front onto the card base and to add the Frame onto the card front!! I'm TOTALLY in LOVE with how this turned out!!



I'm also linking this up for the Anything Goes Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog
THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by and I hope you have a FABULOUS WEEK!!
Here are the PTI Products I've used!! =)
Phrase Play #5 Mini Stamp Set   Note Niblets Stamp Set
Life is Beautiful Stamp Set    Papertrey Ink - Life is Beautiful Die Collection (set of 2)

Papertrey Ink - Coin Purse Pockets Die Collection (set of 4)        Papertrey Ink - Monthly Moments: Instant Photo 1 Die 

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

6 comments:

Sleepy Stamper said...

Larissa, I'm so sorry to hear of your MIL. Praying for her and your family through this difficult time. Lovely card. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Anitra

Joyously Noelle said...

It's a beautiful card! I like the stitches a lot too.

Virginia Lu said...

SWOON! I love the use of felt and how you layered the butterfly images, Larissa =) So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! Love this gorgeous card. Hope you are having a great summer!

Lisa said...

Larissa I am SO very sorry to hear this news. Your MIL as well as all of your family will be in my prayers. My heart goes out to all of you. On a lighter note your card is just wonderful, course they always are!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, I'm so, so sorry about your MIL! So glad to know you know exactly where she's going. Love that peace of mind and excitement in knowing that when she does pass, you'll get to see here once again. Big hugs coming your way! Hang in there! And your card is just beautiful! Love that layered butterfly to bits, and your gold accents are delightful!

~amy~ said...

Big Hugs to you and your family Larissa.
Such a gorgeous card Larissa...love the layered butterfly!
Thanks for joining us at Case Study.

Post a Comment

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)