Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Gallery Idol Round 2 Card Challenge~My Entry for FUN!! =)

Pin It

Gallery Idol logo Green1 Voting Begins Now!

Hello!!
So I thought it would be FUN just to play along and create a Card for each of the ROUNDS of the Gallery Idol Contest that is going on NOW over on the Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Blog!!
In fact if you haven't VOTED yet, you MUST finish Voting for Round 2 at noon (MDT) on Thursday, May 29. The results will be tallied shortly after and the Top 15 will be announced right HERE on Friday, May 30th!! I was sort of BUMMED that my 1st Round entry didn't win a spot in the TOP 20 as I'm sure ALL of the entries that didn't get chosen were, but I KNOW that my style isn't really the style they tend to pick so I'm fine with that!! =) I wanted to PUSH my self though and I decided that there wasn't ANYTHING Preventing me from playing along anyway, the only difference is I WON'T be winning any prizes or the Title of Gallery Idol Winner 2014!! I still thought it would be FUN to play along with the Challenges so for Round 2 the Challenge was Die Cutting and they said~that means we want to see your very best cards that feature die-cutting! Think innovative, out of the box, extraordinary, cool!!
So after looking through my Stash I thought it would be AWESOME to use one of my NEW Lil' Inker Design Dies and create a FUN Lattice effect with some MAJOR help from one of their dies!!
I die cut 2 of the Stitches & Stripes Cover Up Die Cuts from Black Licorice Bazzil Cardstock and I wove them together to create a Really NEAT Woven Background Design!! I LOVE the way it looks!! I used an Avery Elle Rounded Edge Die to create a Rounded Top and inked the edges and Stamped a Sentiment from one of my New Favorite Sentiment Stamp Set by Paper Smooches called I Blank You!! I then took my FAVORITE Memory Box Tilth Floral Die and created a FUN layered Die Cut Flower!! I added a Button with some May Arts Black Burlap Twine and a Few Sequins scattered around to finish it off!! I LOVE the way it came together!!
 Image of Cover Up Die - Stitches & Stripes     

 


So there you have it!! I hope you'll let me know what you think!!?? Does my card match up with the Competition!!?? I also HOPE you'll go and VOTE HERE for the Round 2 Gallery Idol Winner 2014 and that maybe you'll take my lead and play along with the different challenges of the contest too!!?? I'd LOVE to see what you've made so if you decide to play along Please leave me a LINK so I can come and check it out!! =)
THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by today and have a FABULOUS Memorial Day WEEK!!

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA  =)

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome Larissa, love the woven background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larissa, congrats on the Top 20!! Woo Hoo! Love your card for round two and a huge congratulations on the Paper Smooches Sparks DT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beyond creative Larissa!! Love your woven background and the colors you've used. You SHOULD have been in the top 20, this rocks!!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)