Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Tim Holtz April Tag 2014 Challenge!! =)

Pin It

apriltag

Hello!!
Last minute I know, but I really wanted to play along with the Tim Holtz April Tag 2014 Challenge!!
I just LOVE the Shabby Chic look and I LOVE to make Flowers!! Plus, I had gotten the New Tim Holtz Die at 40% off ($11.99 PLUS FREE SHIPPING!! There is another SALE going on now at Joann's too if you'd like to pick any of his new dies up!!)
I have been wanting to use it so today was my chance!! =)
I used Grunge Paper to die cut the Die and then I also cut it out of some Tim Holtz Merriment Paper, Mirrored Paper and some of his Crystal Effects Paper!! I adhered the Crystal Effects Paper ontop of the Cardstock to give it a really neat shimmer and frosty feel!! Its almost like velvet to the touch!! OHLALALA!! I then used some Distress Paint in EverGreen Bough to color the entire outlibe shape of the Die and then I inked the edges using Gathered Twigs Distress Ink!! I used Iced Spruce Distress Paint to paint over the Tag background and the I used the same Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to ink over the entire Tag Base!! I distressed the Tag Edges with my Scissors and then flicked it with some Perfect Pearls that I mixed with Water for a FUN Water Mark Texture, Plus some Pretty Shimmer!!  =) I then die cut the Sizzix Tim Holtz Pine Cone Die 4 times to make four BEAUTIFUL Rolled Flowers!! I LOVE making these!! I used some paper that I inked with Barn Door, Iced Spruce and Lemonade Distress Inks and then I took the Distress Paints in Barn Door and Iced Spruce and dotted it around the entire Die Cut just for some added texture!! I inked it once dry with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and then I rolled them into flowers!! Once they were glued together I then took my Glue Pen and added some Glue just to the tips of the Flower Petals and then dipped them into the Distress Rock Candy Glitter!! I LOVE how Pretty this makes them!! =) I added some leaves that I cut from the Glassine Paper and then I added some Vintage Lace and added my flowers!! I LOVE the way it came together!!

I'm also linking this up to the
I wanted to use the Tim Holtz Tag Challenge as just another way to share how I can take something and still make it my own with my own style shining through!! =)
THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEK!!


COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Larissa this is STELLAR!! Love the dies you used and those fabulous roses!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, so pretty, Larissa! Gosh, those blooms are simply fantastic!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Those flowers are spectacular!! Awesome tag :)

Emily Leiphart said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Larissa! I love the colours, textures and dimension. You are so full of talent!!

Lesley Croghan said...

What an amazing project! Love those flowers! WOW!

Darnell J Knauss said...

And what amazing style it is, Larissa!! I am not a Tim Tagger, but I sure have a lot of friends who are and your work is fantastic!! I'm in awe!! Hugs, Darnell

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wonderful!

Jean said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Post a Comment

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)