Friday, April 25, 2014

PTI April Blog Hop & Case Study DT Challenge!! =)

Pin It

April-Blog-Hop-Inspiration

HELLO and HAPPY FRIDAY!!  =)
I'm playing along with the FUN Card I've made for the PTI April Embroidered Inspiration Blog Hop!! I LOVE this Inspiration Photo and I couldn't wait to play along!! The only problem was pinning down an Idea with all of the Ideas I had running through my head!! =)
I decided to use the New Modern Cross Quilt Cover-Plate and coordinating Modern Cross Quilt Stamp Set for my card today!! I was Inspired by a Neat Card Design that Maile Belles shared during the Release and I wanted to use that main design for the jumping off point of my card!!

I wanted to use a PRETTY Candy Color Combo so I pulled out my PTI Inks in Classic Kraft, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist and Harvest Gold!! I stamped my Panel Design and then I die cut a Stitched Border and Die cut the Front Panel using a New Avery Elle 41/4X51/2 Card Base Die!!
I LOVE this New Die!! It made it SO EASY to get the design centered and cut exactly the way I wanted it with out taking forever to measure it and cut!!  Then having to start ALL OVER again if I messed it up cutting it out!! =) which has happened more than I'd like to admit!! HAHAHAHA!!
I stamped the Happy from the Embellished Elegance Stamp Set another one of my NEW Favorite Stamp and Die Sets!! =) Then I added some BEAUTIFUL Felt Flowers and Leaves!! I used the AMAZING PTI Felt that matches their line of Inks from several different PTI Dies from different sets!! I decided to ink all of them up a bit to help them tie in alittle bit more and then I added some
Pearl Sequins for the Flower Centers and a couple just scattered around the card front for a better visual triangle!! I LOVE the way it turned out!! Here is my Finished Card!!


 
I hope you are INSPIRED and are having a BLAST on the Blog Hop Enjoying all of the AMAZING Eye Candy Created by all of the other participants!!?? If you haven't been to check it all out you simple must you'll be GLAD you did!!
I'm also going to link this card up for the CASE STUDY DT search call and challenge!!
I've always been a HUGE Fan/Participant in the Case Study Challenges and I decided to give it a shot at being on their AMAZING Design Team!!
We were asked to pick a Designer's Project as a Muse and then create a Project using that as our Inspiration!! I have ALWAYS LOVED the CAS look that Maile Belles does so well, but it isn't really my style!! I find it hard to create CAS even though I LOVE the look!! So we were asked to CHALLENGE ourselves and to push outside of our COMFORT Zone and create something that wasn't easy for us and then to let our OWN Design Style Shine Through it!!
Well I think I have captured that in this card and I'm TOTALLY HAPPY with how it came together!!
THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by today and I hope you have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!!
 
P.S I'll be back with some REALLY Sweet Little Coin Purses, Barrette's and Bows that I have made using some of the recently release PTI Dies!! I wanted to share a Video with a Few Tips and Tricks on different ways you can use the New Dies!! So I hope you'll come back and check it out if your at all Interested!! =)
COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA  =) 

18 comments:

Cindy H. said...

This card is soooo pretty! Love those soft colors and the lovely design of the card.

Lisa said...

BEAUTIFUL card Larissa, love those sweet felt flowers!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh how precious! Absolutely delightful in pastels :)

Betty Wright said...

Beautifully done! Love this new cover plate!

craftmates said...

Gorgeous card! Clean yet interesting.

Kelly Griglione said...

What a gorgeous color combination, Larissa! Love the felt flowers you created too : )

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SO beautiful, I just love the combination of colors you used!

Karen said...

Great card; the flower is a great addition!

Michelle said...

Love your flower cluster!!!! Beautiful!

~amy~ said...

Larissa, this is sooooo pretty! I love the colors!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty. Love the subtle colors, the distressing... those little blooms are darling.

Danielle Flanders said...

Love this! The way you put the die on the angle looks so pretty, and the colors too!

Julia Aston said...

Pretty colors in the cut outs of your die cut - and such sweet flowers!

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Larissa! LOVE all the yummy pastels! Great pattern, too! Good luck, my friend!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

This is gorgeous. Really lovely colors. Good luck on the DT!

lexi said...

great colors, great layout - a perfect modern cross quilt card!!

Greta said...

This is just stunning, Larissa!

Joyce said...

Just gorgeous and perfectly stamped.

Post a Comment

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)