Tuesday, April 29, 2014

IO Stamps Outside of the Box Challenge!!

Pin It

HELLO!!
I'm stopping in to share the card I made for the IO Stamps Outside of the Box Challenge!!
So I decided to use one of my New FAVORITE IO Background Stamps Wood Grain!! I don't use my Background stamps as much as I should and I wanted to use this one as part of the Main Focal of my Card so I stamped it onto Kraft Cardstock using Dark Brown Hero Arts Shadow Ink!!
I then took the New IO Heart Dies and created a Heart Window in the Wood Grain Stamped Panel!! I started by die cutting the Largest Heart and then used the second largest heart and die cut again on both sides of the Largest Heart to create a FUN 3Heart Open Window!! I took some Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and inked around the Heart Window opening and around the Card Panels and Base!!  I then stamped the BEAUTIFUL IO Rose Cluster Stamp onto some Oatmeal Cardstock with Simon Says Stamps Black Ink (LOVE this Ink) then I took my Colored Pencils and Gamsol to color in the Image!! Once it was dry I took a Glue Pen and added some Distress Rock Candy Glitter to the Image for some added shimmer!! I then stamped the HeartFelt Sentiment from the IO Gratitude Stamp Set using the same Simon Says Stamp Black Ink and I added the Image under the Heart Window using some Foam Tape for some added depth!! I LOVE the way it came together!!



So here's to thinking outside of the Box when it come to using your Supplies!!
I'm also linking this up to the CASE STUDY CHALLENGE BLOG DT CALL!!
                                                     IOTulips
Here is the card created by the AMAZING Jean Manis that was my Inspiration for the card above!!
I LOVED the Window with the colored Floral Image that had been stamped in Black!! I thought it would be a GREAT card to CAS!! I opted to use a Background Stamp Instead of Dry Embossing my Card Base and I LOVE the look of both and that you can get a similar affect by doing either!!
THANKS for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEK!!

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

This card is gorgeous! It's so perfect it's almost hard to believe it is made with stamps.

Shona said...

Just BEAUTIFUL ! I have that rose cluster on my wish list, but now I want that wood grain stamp you used too. I adore your triple heart window!

Lisa said...

Such a pretty card Larissa!! Love the heart cutout and the pretty flowers!!

Jeanne Streiff said...

This is so stinkin' clever! Thanks for playing the Impression Obsession challenge!

Beth Norman said...

Wow this is such a great design. Very interesting and creative. Good luck with the challenge.

Greta said...

Creative & beautiful, Larissa!

Marlena M. said...

BEAUTIFUL work Larissa!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my gosh, what a fantastic design!!

Julia said...

Stunning!

My Paper Epiphany said...

This is really spectacular! I love everything here - the creative window, the gorgeous roses and the grungy card!

Jean said...

What a fabulous design - very clever! You are so sweet to include my card.

Post a Comment

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)