Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Vintage Music Paper Birthday Card!! =)

Pin It

Happy Hump Day!!
I can't believe it is Wednesday already!! Beckett has one more day of school and he is out for SUMMER Break!! =) So EXCITED to have him home and looking forward to all of the summer FUN we are going to have!!

Today I wanted to share a card I have made for the Challenge over on the Cas-ual Friday Challenge Blog!! To celebrate their 2nd Birthday they have compiled the Top 10 Challenges into a FUN
Tic Tac Toe board and our challenge was to pick a row and incorporate that row into a card!! SO I chose the Center Row going Down!!  KRAFT-BLING-EMBOSS
I thought it would be FUN to make a Birthday card and I wanted to use the New Birthday Stamp and Die set from Paper Trey Ink. I die cut 5 Balloons out of Vintage Music Paper and Vellum and glued the edges together to create a FUN package so I could add Sequins to the inside of the Balloons!! I added colored MINI Sequins in the FUN colors of Pink, Orange, Yellow and Turquoise (size 3mm) and a couple Clear Iridescent Sequins in a larger size (4mm). Its hared to see the shine in the pictures, but in real life it is really NEAT!! Shimmery, but not to in your face!! =)
I then die cut the cut little bows out of the same Vintage Music Paper.  ( I had to back it with some cardstock before I could die cut because it is so old that it was actually cracking and breaking apart as I tried to die cut it that is how old and fragile it is!!) LOVE IT!!
I stamped the matching bow image ontop and then embossed it with clear embossing powder!! I used the sentiment from the set and stamped and embossed it as well!!
I then added some string to the balloons and I thought it would be FUN to make the Balloons the focal point so I let the strings come down over the sentiment and come off the sides of the card!!  I LOVE the way that this card came together!! =)
Here are some Pictures!!


 
 
THANKS for stopping by today and have a FABULOUS WEEK!!

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Larissa this is over the top! I love your cute sequin filled balloons!!

Jingle said...

Oh, I just love the little pockets of sequins! This is great! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge Blog!

Amy Kolling said...

Ok.....this is absolutely amazing!!! Where did the sequins come from?? They need to come to my house! LOL

~amy~ said...

This is FABulous!

Kelly Griglione said...

Ack, those confetti balloons are amazing!!! And they're backed with sheet music! So in love. Glad you joined the big celebration at CAS-ual Fridays!

Post a Comment

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)