Tuesday, March 19, 2013

CASE-Study Challenge#132!! =)

Pin It


Yeah!! Another FUN Weekly Challenge over on the CASE-Study Blog!!
This is week two with the Fabulous Julie Ebersole as the muse and I am having a Blast with the challenges!!
This week I decided to use the new butterfly dies I purchased from Ellen Hutson!!  Elizabeth Craft Design Dies!! I loved them even more once I had them cut out!! I wanted to make them pop off the card so I cut the bodies out of the card front and then backed it with my patterned paper from Crate Paper!!  I then die cut the overlay butterfly pieces out of a My Mind's Eye Zig Zag paper and the centers out of a coordinating green paper that I covered with Dry Rock Candy Stickles Glitter!! I wanted to add the splatters using my new Distress Paints so I dabbed alittle onto my mat and added some water to make it more fluid and the I took my finger and flicked it onto my card base!! I used Spiced Marmalade, Shabby Shutters and Broken China to match the colors in the butterfly paper!! I glued the butterfly pieces together and then attached the bodies to the center of the base cut out popping the wings up to give them a 3-D look!! I then added a scalloped border and a strip of orange cardstock and some May Arts Burlap Twine!! I added  a sentiment from Lil' Inkers Sun and Rainbow set!! I really LOVE the way it turned out and I'm glad I got to play along again this week!! Here are some pictures of my finished card!! 




THANKS for stopping by and have a Fabulous Week!! 

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

1 comments:

Daiseyez said...

That is so pretty. Creative too to back the card up so you can see through the butterflies and see a visual interest behind it.

Post a Comment

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)