Thursday, February 14, 2013

Celebrate with Paper Smooches!! =)

Pin It

I am playing along with the Paper Smooches Valentine's Day Challenge over on their Blog!! I was looking at all of my Paper Smooches Stamps and tyring to decide on a design for my card when the little zebra heart jumped out at me!! I LOVE it and my niece's are totally into the animal print especially zebra!! In fact they have redecorated their room with it!! =) So with birthday's coming up I decided to use it for my starting point!! I wanted to use the color scheme of just black, white and a touch of pink!! So I started by stamping the background of the card with the zebra heart using versamark ink!! I then wanted to use the New Zing Black Glitter Embossing powder I got to see what I thought of it~LOVE!! After heat embossing it really does look neat!! It is like a glitter shine finish without the mess of glitter coming off all over the place BEAUTIFUL!! Then for the next card I wanted to use a grey, white and touches of pink color scheme so I stamped the background the same way as the first card I just added Charcoal Zing Embossing Powder!! Then I cut a strip each of Black and Gray cardstock for the bottom of my cards!! I also used a piece of Glitz Cardstock that I punched with a Ek Success scalloped punch to create a border for each of the cards!!
I then used the New Zig Zag Tag Die and the Notebook Die to add my images to!! I wanted to stamp the Zebra for each card and the only thing I changed is the ink!! I used a grey ink from Stampin' Up on the grey card and VersaFine in Black for the Black card!! I then used the Inktense Watercolor pencils to color in my images!! I used a pink that matched the scalloped border!! I then wanted to add a sentiment and the wiggle eyes!! To make it look right I had to cut off the outside eye on the top image and then I added the outside eye to the image on the die cut!! I then added the second image over the image on the die cut using pop dots and then adding the other wiggle eye on the top image and that way you still get to use both eyes and the image looks right!! =) I added them to the card using pop dots after I used a white pen to make a sketch line across the bottom of the dark cardstock on the bottom of my card!! I added this to ground it and I LOVE the way they turned out!! Here are my cards!! =)








Products I used on my cards!!
*Paper Smooches NOTEBOOK BASIC Wise Die Kim Hughes  *Paper Smooches SALUTATIONS Clear Stamps Kim Hughes  *Paper Smooches ZOO CREW Clear Stamps Kim Hughes  Paper Smooches Wise Dies, Tag Zig Zag  *American Crafts Zing! BLACK Glitter Embossing Powder  *My Favorite Things STEEL GREY Cardstock Heavy Weight 8.5 x 11  *Bazzill LICORICE TWIST Card Shoppe Heavy Weight 8.5 x 11 Cardstock
*Glitz 6 x 6 UNCHARTED WATERS Paper Pack 0571 Anchor 2013  *Fiskars UP IN THE CLOUDS Cartridge Interchangeable Punch Border 04133 NEW 2012
*Uni-ball Pen Signo Gel Pen WHITE Smooth Broad  *PREORDER Derwent 72 INKTENSE COLORED PENCILS Watercolor  *Sakura KOI LARGE WATERBRUSH Water Brush Watercolor #8
THANKS for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
            LARISSA  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)