Tuesday, December 4, 2012

CASE Study and Play Date CAFE Challenges!! :)

Pin It
I had time to play with both of these challenges this week!!
For the CASE Study Challenge this BEAUTIFUL card from  Angeline Yong was our Jumping off
Inspiration!!


I just LOVE that lollipop that takes center stage so I decided to make a FUN 3-D tree as the focal point of my card!!  I tried a pink background at first and ended up going with a blue background instead!! The tree is from a Hero Arts stamp set and then I used my Distress Markers to color it in!! I also added some gold embossing powder to the stars on the tree after coloring them with a Versa-Mark marker!! I used distress inks for my background and then sprayed it with a Perfect Pearls mixture to make it look like falling snow!! I stamped the snowflakes from the same set and added some gems to the center of each one!! I then added some distress rock candy dry glitter to make the snow and then used a glue pen around the outside of my card base. I LOVE that it's pretty simple, but still pops off the card like the CASE card. Here is a picture of my finished card!!




For the PlayDate Cafe Challenge I wanted to use the AWESOME die and stamp set from Taylored Exspressions!!

This was our color challenge!!
I LOVED this die from the first time I saw it and knew I had to have it to make some Christmas cards this year!!So this challenge was a PERFECT fit for me to put it to use!!  I used some My Mind's Eye patterned paper and then added some glitter and May Arts twine to add a Fun, but simple touch!! I LOVE the way it turned out!!  Here is a picture of my finished card!!
THANKS for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEK!!

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA. :)



9 comments:

Linda McClain said...

Holy Smokes! What amazing projects. Your 3D tree is so sweet.

Kelly Griglione said...

Hi Larissa - looks like we had the same posting plans yesterday! Love both of your cards ... you aren't kidding that the first one (literally) pops right off the page. It's so striking, and would make a beautiful decoration : )

Jinny Newlin said...

Such great cards, Larissa! That twine one is such a fun idea! And I adore the dimension and shimmer and shine of the last two! Beautiful, girl!

anya said...

Wow, that is a die cut? It is so beautiful! I love how you used it on your card. The little smidge of glitter and patterned paper is a perfect splash of maroon! So glad you joined us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

Lisa H. said...

wow! what eye candy for today. three beautiful cards. I really love how you used the classic black, red, and white combo on that holiday card. Thanks for your kind words you left on my blog today. Made me smile :)

Jean Martin said...

These are lovely! Specially the silhouettes! gorgeous!!!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi Larissa! Three gorgeous cards in one post! I adore that little pop up tree! SO cute. I am a big fan of the Nativity die as well. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas! :-)

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful card, Larissa! I love both of your holiday cards. Thanks so much for stopping by during the Paper Smooches December DT Blog Hop!

redhatstamper said...

Hi Larissa,

How weird was this to stumble upon your blog from another site and find that your last name is almost the same as my maiden name??!! My maiden name was Hesketh, not a very common name. Anyway I love the lollipop card!!!! The pop up tree is also so cute! Linda

Post a Comment

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)