Tuesday, May 8, 2012

CASE Study Challenge #89!! =)

Pin It

I couldn't wait to play with this weeks challenge over on the CASE Study Blog here:
http://casestudychallenge.blogspot.com/
Look at this Amazing and Bright card made by Agnieszka Malyszek!!  =) So much fun!!
So I decided that beings I have twin cousin graduationg from High School this weekend that I would use this challenge to make their cards!!  I had SO MUCH FUN creating them!!
Here is what I came up with!! =)



Even though they are twins they are VERY much different in likes, styles and personality so I wanted to make these cards to go with their style!!
I started with a black cardstock base for BOTH cards and I knew that I wanted to use the same Bright colors that were used in the INSPIRATION CARD!!
So for the first card I started by cutting a strip of Pink Paislee Vintage Vogue paper and glued it the card base!! I then took the My Favorite Things Alphabet Die set and die cut the word HAPPY out of the front of my card!! I had used some tape to hold the letters down so they wouldn't shift while die cutting and it kinda changed where my card went!! I couldn't get the tape off, so I decided to roll with it and decided to add the tape to the entire front of the strip and then re-die cut the letters and I LOVE the way it turned out!! =) Wasn't planned, but I LOVE it even more than my original idea!! I then cut out the words from the same Pink Paislee paper to spell out Graduation and added them the the bottom of my card!! I also added some Ribbon from May Arts and I just LOVE the way it finished off my card!! =) I couldn't decide if I wanted to add a separate color to the inside of the card and I decide to add a yellow core`dinations cardstock to make the HAPPY pop!! LOVE the color combo together!! =)
For the next card I decided to stay with the same color palette, but I wanted it to be different so I decided to die cut the word HAPPY from the Paper Trey Ink die set and I used several different colors!! I then cut several different ribbons to make a base for my card!! I used the canvas scallop ribbon from Pink Paislee and also the yellow stripped ribbon!! I used a turquoise ruffle ribbon and a pink ric rac from May Arts and I LOVE the way they look all layered together!! I then cut a cute Polaroid from an American Crafts paper with the sentiment "Touch the Sky"!! I thought this was PERFECT for a Graduation card and I LOVED that the Balloons matched my color palette!! I added some May Arts Burlap twine and a button for some added fun!! THANKS for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA  =)

5 comments:

Virginia L. said...

How awesome that you made the TWIN cards! Both of them are gorgeous in different ways! FABULOUS entries, Larissa!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

They're both so cool, so much to look at!! I especially like the negative die cutting. Thank you for playing with us at CASE Study this week! xx Chupa

Christina said...

These are both so cute, Larissa! I especially love the aqua ribbon on the first one and the layered trims on the second one. Fabulous job! Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

Maureen said...

what super fun graduation cards! LOVE the bright cheerful colours :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

Jinny Newlin said...

What beautiful takes on the CASE Study Challenge! LOVE that open happy! And the colors are spot on!

Post a Comment

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)