Thursday, April 12, 2012

Embellish Magazine Challenge:Jeweled!! =)

Pin It


As I type this we are in a Tornado Warning!! We are having high winds, hail and LOTS of rain!! I am hoping that I get this posted before the internet signal on our grain elevator goes out because of the storm!! We live in a small rural town in southwest Nebraska and are located on the creek bottom so we are pretty secluded, but I wouldn't trade our location for anything in the world!! It is so BEAUTIFUL here and growing up living on a farm makes me LOVE it that much more!!
I was SO excited about this challenge!! My mind was going crazy with ideas!! =)
I decided to use one of my FAVORITE Paper Trey Ink Stamps Lace Bouquet.
I had found these wood veneer sheets at my local hardware store and they were marked down to $.99 for 5 sheets about 5x7 in size!! So I thought I would try to stamp the bouquet on the wood veneer in Versa Mark ink and then I embossed it using a fun blue/teal embossing powder!! I was SO HAPPY with the way it turned out!! =) Then I punched out some little flower centers using some Stampin' Up Punches one out of white and one out of light purple!! I then added some pearl gems to the centers of the flowers, but still wasn't happy with the way it was looking after much thought and looking at it I decided to use an exact-o knife and to cut around the LARGER flowers and pop them up alittle bit away from the wood veneer base to give the piece some MUCH NEEDED dimension!! I added some grey twine around the base and then used some MME grey w/ white polka dot paper and added it to a white card base!! I really like the way it turned out and I can't wait to play around with this technique alittle more!! =)
Here are some pictures of the finished card!!


THANKS for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEK!!

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

6 comments:

Wida said...

oh. my. gosh. You have no idea how much I adore this card. It is gorgeous. I like the country rustic vibe of it, the awesome color the distressing, the pearls, how some of it is popped out. EVERYTHING! It is a winner to me!!!

Amy Papale said...

Stunning card! Love the colors and design of this card. By the way, I found you through your comment on my post. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such a lovely comment. Love your blog!

~Tammy~ said...

This is just gorgeous! I love the beautiful bright color against the woodgrain! :-)

Karen B. said...

Um wow, that's about all I can say.


Such a stunning card. The blue really pops off the woodgrain!

~amy~ said...

absolutely delish...excellent steal at the hardware store! Hope all is well over there...

jen said...

This is ridiculously awesome! The dimension in the flower adds so much & love the woodgrain!!!

Post a Comment

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)