Sunday, March 25, 2012

Trigger Tuesday:Simple Elegance =)

Pin It
(SORRY for the ERROR!! I was having trouble with blogger showing my photos!! I finally got this one to show up even though on my draft it was loaded 6 times before it would show on the web page!!?? My first problem so I guess that's good!! I hope you enjoy the card and THANKS for stopping by!! =)


This week's challenge was really fun!! I tried to stay with the Simple Elegance theme and I had two different stamp sets that I thought would make PERFECT cards for this challenge!!
So here is what a came up with~

For my first card I decided to use a CUTE stamp from La Blanche!!
I saw this and thought of my SWEET Mother In-Law!! She LOVES cats and this stamp made me think of her so I wanted to make a Mother's Day Card for her!! I decide to make it into a 3-D card because I wanted to add some dimension to it to make it look more realistic. So I stamped the main image onto the La Blanche stamping paper and then onto a white muslin fabric with Archival Jet Black Ink. I cut out the main image and then used an exact-o knife to cut out the fabric part of the chair and inserted the stamped muslin fabric piece to make the chair 3-D. I colored the muslin with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Vintage Pink and then attached the frame that I colored with a Brown Gloss varnish. I LOVE the realistic effect that it gives the the wood chair base!! I then added the stamped cat and added the cute Pink Bow!!  I LOVE the final card!! I can't wait to give it to my Mother-in-Law on Mother's Day, I KNOW she's going to LOVE it!!  =)

For my second card I used the Hero Arts and Sizzix stamp set and I wanted to use some of my Paper Trey Stack-em dies!! I embossed the large die with a Tim Holtz folder and then added some May Arts Burlap ribbon!! I LOVE the simple look!!

THANKS for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEK!!

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA  =)

8 comments:

gRiSeL™ said...

How sweet of you to leave a kind comment on my blog post--thank you! (: You did an incredible job yourself!!! LOVE that chair!! Hope you have a blessed day and rest of the week! (:

Ruby said...

Lovely card! I'm sure she will love it. Thanks for popping by my blog for the Color Me Creative Birthday Bash, I hope you enjoyed the hop!

~amy~ said...

Wow...both of your cards are super but whoa, that first one is amazing!

Charlene said...

Love that ribbon treatment, Larissa! FABULOUS :-)

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous cards Larissa! I love the 3D effect, WOW!

Cath said...

Hey Larissa! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Lisa Barrie said...

Beautiful cards, the fabric details is stunning.

Chunyuan said...

gorgeous cards.

Post a Comment

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)