Monday, February 13, 2012

Cool Tools: Embossing and Debossing Challenge!! =)

Hello!!
Today I wanted to play along with this challenge!!
I created this cute little mini journal and I used several different embossing and debossing techniques throughout it!! So here are some photos!!
I used an embossing folder and then applied glimmer mist. after it was dry I went back in and added InkaGold over the top and I LOVE the effect that it gives!! It looks REALLY neat in real life!!
(Its kinda hard to capture on film!!)
I used a sizzix die to make the cut little window box and I LOVE the way that it turned out!!


I used modeling paste on the cover over a Crafter's Workshop stencil!! I added a metallic pink paint to color the modeling paste and in real life it has this really pretty sparkle to it!! I will be doing this technique again!! =)

I did some layering above and below the transparency piece to add even more interest to this divider page!! LOVE it!! There are several punched  butterflies, so it is 3 dimensional!!
LOVE this velvet dot paper from Tattered Angels!! They never marketed it so the only way you could get it was to order a kit with it in it, or to have bought some at a show!! I sprayed it with some glimmer mist and then added the punched and stamped bird!! (from Stampin' Up)

I used a text embossing folder after I had stamped this text stamp!! I LOVE the way it looks!! The stamps are all from Prima!!
Here is another sizzix pop open box and then I added a stamped and embossed title in the center!!
(this stamp is from Paper Trey Ink)
This is a My Favorite Things Stamp and I just LOVE it!! I did some paper piecing and added some texture for a real 3-D effect to bring her to life!! =)

I used some of my husband field report paper that is carbon copy!!
I used the Hero Arts/Sizzix Stamp and Die cutting set so you could see the layer of paper underneath, plus I LOVE the pop of yellow underneath the stamped butterfly!!
On this page I made a pocket out of book text paper and then added a fun die cut out of glitter paper to the front of the pocket!! The card in the pocket was stamped layering several different stamps from Basic Grey and Paper Trey Ink!! 
I added tissue paper from & Gypsies to the front of this divider page and then misted it with glimmer mist and added InkaGold to the top of that once it was dry!! It caught on all of the ripples that I left on the tissue paper and I LOVE the way it looks in real life!!
Another stamped image from My Favorite Things!! I did more paper piecing and added texture for a 3Dimensional look!! The background stamping was done using a couple different stamps from Tim Holtz!!


More Hero Arts/Sizzix Stamping and die cutting!!
A fun vintage Maya Road calendar piece that I had been hoarding and I finally decide to put it to good use in my journal!! =)

Well I hope you LOVE my journal as much as I do~~I actually made several of these to give away for a swap and I know they will be put to good use!! Mine is already full of some fun creations!!

So anyway THANKS for stopping by and don't forget to visit the Moxie Fab World Blog here:
http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2012/01/cool-tools-week-around-house-challenge.html
for TONS of INSPIRATION!! Have a FABULOUS VALENTINE'S WEEK!! =)

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)