Wednesday, December 14, 2011

November/December Challenge for The Craft's Meow!! =)


This was the sketch for The Craft's Meow November/December Challenge!!  =)
I just had to use the Vintage Snowflakes Set
Vintage Snowflakes
You can find it here: http://www.thecraftsmeow.com/products/vintage-snowflakes
If you haven't checked out their stamps they are just AWESOME!! Not only are they GREAT Stamps but the Owner Lisa is just a SWEETHEART!! =)
Anyway, I stamped and then used  white embossing powder to heat emboss all of the snowflakes. I then used Distress Inks (Weathered Wood, Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans) to color the background and it made the white snowflakes just pop off my page!! I used it for the base of my card and then layered some Pink Paislee anthology papers. I stamped my Sentiment and then punched out a 11/2" scalloped circle from a light teal paper and then added a cut out snowflake from the same paper as the background and added a brad then used foam tape to pop it off the scalloped circle. I layered two ribbons and pleated them on the left side of the card and then painted some Maya Road chipboard swirls brown to place behind the scalloped circle!! I roughed up the edges of my card and then inked them with the same brown to finish off my card!! I LOVE the way it turned out and I had fun playing along with the sketch this month!! =)
Here is my Card:
THANKS for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

                                                  COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
                                         LARISSA

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Larissa! I LOVE the distressed look... and that amazing background you created!!! You are a star! Thank you so much for playing in our sketch challenge. I hope you and your beautiful family have a very Merry Christmas! Say hi to Skyler for me, too!

    Hugs!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! LOVE the snowflake stamps!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)