Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mixed Patterns Color Trends Challenge!! =)



Here are the cards that I came up with for the challenge!! =) I actually made 2 different cards and I had so much fun playing with the different pattern mixtures!!  For the first card I used a Pink Paislee patterned paper for the background and then added some vintage seam binding and made a fun box pleated ruffle across the bottom of the card!! I then added a May Arts Brown Polka dot grosgrain ribbon to the top to hide the top of the ruffle and then used a Crate Paper yellow lace ribbon to the top of it. I had the Jenni Bowlin bingo card and wanted to add it and thought it needed something else so I found the Twinery brown twine and it was a perfect match to the bingo card so I wrapped it around the card in between the grosgrain and the lace ribbons!! It was perfect!! I then added the glass flower with a gem in the center. 

For my second card I wanted to play with my stamps some so I decided to start with this music paper from Melissa Francis that is printed in a Navy ink(it is hard to see in the photo but in person it is really neat)!! I used a Hero Arts circle snowflake stamp and white heat embossed it on top of the music paper. I then used a DeNami tree stamp and stamped that on a light mustard yellow paper and added green flower soft to that with glossy accents. I then added a blue sparkle fluff to the top of the flower soft again with glossy accents then added a layer of white fluff to the top of that so that just alittle of the blue fluff was showing through.  I then stamped another DeNami stamp in a circle Merry Christmas and punched it out with a circle punch and added it to the side of the tree. I added a green May Arts silk ribbon and added a pearl to the center after I tied it into a bow!! I added it to a kraft card base and rounded the top two edges then added a brown ink to the edges to age it and make it pop more!!
I hope you enjoyed my cards, I had so much fun creating them and playing along with the challenge!!
THANKS for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)
COUNRTY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA

2 comments:

  1. Both are pretty but I really love, love, love that tree card (maybe it is because my favorite color is green)! But, it is just really, really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)